SOLD - Crafoo's Mk2 LCR Speed Blue - Meet the successor!

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I thought so too mate but strangely a short time after I got that email and after having persisted in my questioning I received this.

In a bizarre twist of fate I managed to escalate the issue to one of the warranty managers at SEAT. To be honest I was not holding out much hope but he has looked into the issue and given me the green light to progress with the claim.

I will get the appropriate materials arranged and let you know when they are in.

Sorry for the confusion but it looks like we have finally got a resolution for you. (Phew!)

Regards,
Richard

Result in the end

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I don't know, they'd already taken about 3 weeks to get to the stage where they had told me it couldn't be done under warranty so they'd done enough stalling already, it's a bit of a strange one for them to have done a 180 like that but I'm not complaining.

Ultimately I just want the defect sorting, which imo has to be sorted under warranty as it's clearly a design fault, even if they didn't have a fix the liner should have still been replaced under warranty imo.

Did you have the "fix" done on yours like the one detailed in the TPI?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
It'll still go mouldy unfortunately. I had the fix done on my old leon and it went mouldy. My current leon also has the fix and the soundproofing is mouldy. I complained to SEAT UK, they said I could put my car in for investigation, but it's not worth it really.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Does it prolong the life of the liner though?

It was suggested by my dealers that the "fix" had been removed from their database as it wasn't actually a 100% fix so I'm not totally surprised to hear that.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I'll have to see how it goes then, some attempt to fix it has to be better than what I have currently I guess and I should get a new liner too so I can't be any worse off, plus the car is garaged anyway so it's only really subjected to the weather through the day at work, it's not constantly open to the elements.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Tried replacing my number plate bulbs with LED's again in the hope these non error ones would live up to their claim.

They look great but unfortunately I have the bulb icon lit up on the dash again :(

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Thanks dude, I didn't set out to buy a blue one but after seeing it I was sold :)

I don't see any R's about anywhere, only time I've seen another one (apart from at shows) is my reflection in a shop window lol

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
The car reached it's 3rd birthday today and was booked in for it's MOT.

Took a few snaps while it was on the ramps

Good news she passed with just one advisory which was the tread on the fronts getting a bit low and will need changing soon (knew that would be the case anyway so keeping a look out for a pair of fronts now)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Well done buddy. That's spooky as well, my car passed its first mot just under 2 months ago with the exact same advisories lol.

Lol that is a bit freaky isn't it, have you got any more tyres on yours yet mate? If so what did you go for?

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
Yep, got them a few weeks ago. Went for the Goodyear F1 Assy2s, one of the best tyres I've used to date. They're supposed to wear quite quickly so I'll need to what and see what kinda mileage I get out of them. Decent price as well at £100 a corner. Its an extra £60 a tyre for the 19s I think.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.