sold my cupra in may but still no replacement

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Well after selling the car back in may ive really had a hard time finding something else.After all of a sudden deciding i really wanted a bmw i started looking for a 330d/335d m sport.I researched more into them and found they have their fair share of issues with dpfs swirl flaps,auto boxes breakin,turbos failing the main problems, but felt with a decent warrany id be ok and you mainly only hear bad storys on forums anyway...After searching for a month for one with black leather and i drive with silver interior trim i found a nice well priced 57 plate 330d m sport with 40k ish,so i did aa check and it all came back ok so i left a deposit.
While sat bored that afternoon in work i did some more digging on the car ringing bmw and getting details of garages it had visited in the past,and decided to ring them too....So glad i did as i found it was in the garage in 2008 for replacement damaged auto box oil sump and ungertray and cleaning of gearbox oil from everywhere,they couldnt shed any light as to what had happened but sounds like a slight prang or its ran over something big??....I then got onto the dealer and told him of my findings,he was unaware of it but did admit to replacing the auto box on it as he said it wasnt right when he got the car,i wasnt happy about it so decided to get my deposit back,lucky escape i think.....Still not found another bmw derv in budget and spec and have looked at 330i/mazda mps/ r32 and mercs bla de bla:headhurt:
i am now considering another cupra as i feel i should never have let mine go,but just got a bit bored and a severe bout of itchy car key syndrome....
So if any mk2 cupra owners are thinking of moving on,firstly contact me :Di may buy yours lol and secondly be really sure on your next car as im finding the cupra pretty hard to replace without spending 20 odd k

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Well after selling the car back in may ive really had a hard time finding something else.After all of a sudden deciding i really wanted a bmw i started looking for a 330d/335d m sport.I researched more into them and found they have their fair share of issues with dpfs swirl flaps,auto boxes breakin,turbos failing the main problems, but felt with a decent warrany id be ok and you mainly only hear bad storys on forums anyway...After searching for a month for one with black leather and i drive with silver interior trim i found a nice well priced 57 plate 330d m sport with 40k ish,so i did aa check and it all came back ok so i left a deposit.
While sat bored that afternoon in work i did some more digging on the car ringing bmw and getting details of garages it had visited in the past,and decided to ring them too....So glad i did as i found it was in the garage in 2008 for replacement damaged auto box oil sump and ungertray and cleaning of gearbox oil from everywhere,they couldnt shed any light as to what had happened but sounds like a slight prang or its ran over something big??....I then got onto the dealer and told him of my findings,he was unaware of it but did admit to replacing the auto box on it as he said it wasnt right when he got the car,i wasnt happy about it so decided to get my deposit back,lucky escape i think.....Still not found another bmw derv in budget and spec and have looked at 330i/mazda mps/ r32 and mercs bla de bla:headhurt:
i am now considering another cupra as i feel i should never have let mine go,but just got a bit bored and a severe bout of itchy car key syndrome....
So if any mk2 cupra owners are thinking of moving on,firstly contact me :Di may buy yours lol and secondly be really sure on your next car as im finding the cupra pretty hard to replace without spending 20 odd k
Tbh mate your post is spot on !
I thinks that's why a few members on here have re bought Leon's , I know of at least 5

Sure there will be a few guys and gals whose circumstances dictate what car they can get but ultimately there's not a lot out there that gives you the same sort of spec , performance and space at the price brackets.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Hi Ste :harhar: lolz no backs.

Will be getting it back today/early next week from Awesome. Full stage2+, already with a huge mod list on :)

Last edited:

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
Hi Ste :harhar: lolz no backs.

Will be getting it back today/early next week from Awesome. Full stage2+, already with a huge mod list on :)

:cry: would have been back on here a bit sooner but knew what id get from you lol....Live and learn i suppose,im gonna look at a couple of s3s this weekend and a bmw so will see what happens with those.....

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
I will be coming back to a Leon this afternoon, granted my first one was a mk1 FR (20vt) but i have an A3 S-Line at the moment and it just bores me..cant WAIT to get back into the Leon!

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I am on my second Leon Cupra for the same reason.

Not sure I can be arsed to wait however long for the hot MK3 Leon though and my car will definitely be gone within a year - they will need to get their fingers out to show us whats in the pipeline if they want people to be loyal. Some interaction with enthusiasts, participation on here and manufacturer approved modifications would be nice too as would bespoke parts for the top model (body kit, brakes, LSD etc) and engines only shared with Audi (a la MK1 LCR and MK1 S3). SEAT can hardly be seen as the sporty brand when it only shares an engine with the second best A3 and without all wheel drive/LSD or DSG.

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Oright Ste, you see thats the problem with this car once tuned, its so good to improve on it you need to spend some serious cash, probably why alot of us are into our 4/5 year with them.

If i was to change right this second, it would be 135i or golf R. 60% of my mods would be a straight swap onto the golf and you only need a map, downpipes, intercooler on the 1er and your looking at around 400rwhp and a very good chassis [B)]

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I thought about the 135i at one point Rob although I cant get over its quirky looks :(

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
The standard car looks crap but going on the 1er forum and having a look at what members had done to them they look ALOT better slammed on some VMR's with various lip spoilers, splitters and diffusers. Just cant get over how much potential there is in them with such little mods, kinda like the £30k equivalent to are £20k Cupra's for tuning potential. Forged intenals and 6 pot brakes aswell :happy:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
The standard car looks crap but going on the 1er forum and having a look at what members had done to them they look ALOT better slammed on some VMR's with various lip spoilers, splitters and diffusers. Just cant get over how much potential there is in them with such little mods, kinda like the £30k equivalent to are £20k Cupra's for tuning potential. Forged intenals and 6 pot brakes aswell :happy:

I have had a look at the 135i as well, but as a standard car it's quite sparse , seems everything is an option , so finding one with a good spec , age and mileage is hard or expensive , I believe the earlier engines are forged the newer engines internals are different and not as strong.

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
I sold my Leon and went 2 months without a car waiting to find the right spec 335i.

It p*ssed me off after a while and i started thinking should i look for something else when mine popped up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.