[SOLVED] MK1 Arosa - A silly bulb question

mark.r.cullen

Just looking to get uprated bulbs for The Arouser. It's a 1999 Mk1 (I think).

I am looking on autobulbsdirect and it's got two options on the car finder: "Single Headlamp" or "Twin Headlamp". I suspect it's going to be single headlamp, but I just want to make sure...???

Last edited by a moderator:

mark.r.cullen

That's what I was thinking :)

The image on the website shows the Mk2 style for both options. I think I will mail them and tell them that it is a bit confusing.

mark.r.cullen

Good to know, thanks mate!

LED or normal bulb? I know when I was trying to put LED side lights (not blue! :p) side lights in to my Furby it popped the fuse. That had me confused for ages lol But you say you've checked fuses, so it's likely not going to be that.

Hopefully it's not the wiring :(

mark.r.cullen

Silly question: does that LED bulb work in the other side OK?

And make sure you've got it the right way around too - could be that you've just got the polarity wrong?

mark.r.cullen

Hm. Odd bulb for the side lights? 209 5W it says? Can't seem to find an LED version of one of those anywhere. Where did you get yours from?

I'm not after anything blue. Just a whiter light....

Just found this http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62136 and they reckon it's actually a 501. Excellent :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mark.r.cullen

Bulbs arrived with some free 501 side lights. I can confirm that the side lights are the more normal 501 jobbies, and the dipped / main bulb is a H4 :)

I'll probably get some LED side lights and number plate bulbs for it at some point.

Silver_Bullet

Single. I'm sure the "twin headlamp" is for the mk2?

For the record, the Mk2 uses single bulbs as well. The Dipped and Main headlights are in separate positions within the headlamp cluster.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise