Some new FR pics - courtesy of Holders of Congresbury

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Popped into Holders today after work as the manager had kindly let me know they had two FR's in. One display and one waiting for a lucky customer to pick up on Saturday (anyone on here?)

Pics:

fr8jr.jpg

They are waiting to get a demo car for test drive in addition to the two they have at the moment.

The prepped one in the show room is quite hard to photograph as it's in the corner. I'll be back at the weekend for the official launch and taking an Altea FR for a spin to check out the 170 diesel. I'll get some more pics then.

Thanks to Holders for letting me have a peek. ;)

Seat are on to a winner with the FR and the Cupra for sure. The car is gorgeous in the flesh - inside and out. Looks great in silver too. :)

I'll let you know what I think of the Altea FR as well at the weekend. :D

Scott

STOCKY

Audi TT 225
Oct 6, 2004
N.Ireland
It does look good in silver. I think the worst thing they have put on the FR is the wheels, how hard would it of been to make them 'nice'! They do look awful.

Are the mirrors in the pic folded up, or electric?

Everyone my local dealer ordered they had the 18s added because they are so bad.

Are dealers only allowed 2 at the most to start with?

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
STOCKY said:
It does look good in silver. I think the worst thing they have put on the FR is the wheels, how hard would it of been to make them 'nice'! They do look awful.

Are the mirrors in the pic folded up, or electric?

Everyone my local dealer ordered they had the 18s added because they are so bad.

Are dealers only allowed 2 at the most to start with?

Mirrors would be electric I'm sure. They are on the TFSI (sport - and other models?)

The wheels don't look too bad in the flesh imho - but I agree the optional 18"s finish the car off and should really have come with that style as std. (even if in 17" form).

Not sure about dealer allocation.

Scott

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks good - the wheels look better than I thought they would (from the spy pics) but still not 100% sure about them.

Back end and front end look schweet.

Top Secret

Looking good Scott. I have to same I am very tempted, especially with the 18's and in black or red. Just cant decide between the FR and F***s ST. My local dealers got an FR coming next week I think, so hopefully I'll be clearer then! Cant wait for the cupra, sure it'll be good though.

El Vic

Cup Racing R Legend
Mar 6, 2005
UK - Middlesex
Very nice, stopped by the dealership this morning. It's definetly worth seeing it in the flesh. Only a bit dissapointed with the central console nevertheless, it looks cheap. And the 17'' alloys are not the best.

But all in all, looks good. Can't wait to see the Cupra, but I wonder what it's gonna look like, since the FR already has the bumpers from the prototype?

T4Z

Scott, We're getting a Black FR in in petrol and diesel they may not be here ready for the weekend i know you said you wasnt sure about it in black, maybe seeing it in the flesh will help make up your mind!!!

When you take the Altea out for a spin your gonna love it ibelieve me, soon as you get up thru them revs your not gonna know what to do with yourself LOL. :thumbup:

Yes the wing mirrors on the FR are electric!!

Any way see you on the weekend!!!

tash

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
T4Z said:
Scott, We're getting a Black FR in in petrol and diesel they may not be here ready for the weekend i know you said you wasnt sure about it in black, maybe seeing it in the flesh will help make up your mind!!!

When you take the Altea out for a spin your gonna love it ibelieve me, soon as you get up thru them revs your not gonna know what to do with yourself LOL. :thumbup:

Yes the wing mirrors on the FR are electric!!

Any way see you on the weekend!!!

tash

Hi Tash. Welcome to the forum - your first post. :thumbup:

Yes looking forward to the weekend.

Good news on the black Frs. Are they going to be the demo models? Maybe Rex will let me do a long term test with the petrol for 6 months until the cupra arrives ;) :cheeky:

See you on Sat.

Scott

T4Z

Hiya

Ummmmm not sure if he'd let you do that lol but you can try and bargain with him!!! Good luck lol :rolleyes:

Yes i think they are gonna be demo's. As far as im aware there not sold only that one on the forecourt is sold!!!!

See ya laters.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Looks good in that colour, but HATE the wheels the standard TFSI ones are better IMO. Dealer in Lowestoft has one in Yellow looks fantastic!

What are the 18" like? From a spy shot i've seen they look like the VW EOS top of the range wheels.

Rob

Emm

Jun 9, 2003
UK
Visit site
Test drive booked

Well, Ive got the 200PS petrol FR (in red) 'booked out' for all day this coming Monday; mainly to try and gauge how good the new Cupra will be...

If the FR performs and handles as well as the MkV Golf GTi (which I personally like), then the Cupra will be worth the wait.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members