Somebody changed brakes from 288 to 345 ...

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
Helo guys somebody changed front breakes from 288 to 345 on Leon 1P ? I know that I must changed more things but I like to do it! I would like to use original BREMBO KIT brakes parts 1P0071450. Each addvance is good. Please dont write me that is boloney :)
Thanks

andyspencer

Eat My Soot
May 19, 2008
Birmingham
If its the set that seat used to offer then it should bolt on no problem. You need min 18" wheels though for caliper clearance. Might be a good idea to do your brake lines and upgrade brake fluid too.

cila555

CiLA
Apr 2, 2010
Kosice - Slovakia
www.cila.sk
thanks for your answer but I think that I will have is a little bit problem. Rims is not problem I have 19" My chassis is from factory Sport up but my original components are from 1.6 patrol and I have 50mm diameter silencer. I know that I must change all parts from brakes include main carrier. I am looking for somebody who changed its. I have write components but I like verify their. I would like forget on nothing. I will find somebody ???

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
345mm brakes on a 1.6 are a bit over the top aren't they? it's not that you need epic brakes for a 1.6. However, if you like the look then fair play to you. i would have saved some money and gone for the 312mm brakes and painted the calipers. But, as i said it's up to you as it's your car.

From the sound of it your wanting to make your car look like the mutts nuts :lol:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members