Someone who knows the different flip keys please help!!

Hailea3108

Hi I've looked at the various flip key posts, but I've got a odd one and confused even more after speaking to the stealers!

My cars a 51plate cupra so I ordered the 959 753 n as mentioned on most posts as suitable
But has failed to work, manually and by vag com.

I spoke to stealers today to try and confirm but they have now told me
That my cars a 2002 chassis so would this now mean I need a different flip key?
Seat told me the only flip key close is 959 753ct but that's 433.8 herts so won't work as mines a 433, and all the other keys they do are 315hz???

Anyone who understands or can make sense please help! I just want a key that works!

Dilligaf

I have an 05 Leon and use a 959 753 AG if that's any help. My key says 434 MHz!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
2002 is a change over year for Leon remotes. Earlier models use 1j0959753n & later model uses 1j0959753ct or ag. If the n doesn't work with yours then you need ct or ag. Both are same so doesn't matter which you use. Or you could use da or ah which are 3 button remotes with boot button

Craig

Hailea3108

So the stealer didn't really know then as he said the ct/ag wouldn't work a 434 and all others wer 315 lol

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
there's no other options for remotes for these for mk1 Leon other than what i've mentioned. Have you had the n remote tested to make sure it's sending an RF signal?

I'm heading to Bristol on Sat 14th of this month so i'll be going passed Gloucester on the M5 so can meet up & i can test everything properly before you go buying a different type of remote. I have ct & ag remotes in stock so can help with that as well if needed

Hailea3108

there's no other options for remotes for these for mk1 Leon other than what i've mentioned. Have you had the n remote tested to make sure it's sending an RF signal?

I'm heading to Bristol on Sat 14th of this month so i'll be going passed Gloucester on the M5 so can meet up & i can test everything properly before you go buying a different type of remote. I have ct & ag remotes in stock so can help with that as well if needed

Thanks for that ill near that in mind nearer the time if all the keys haven't been thrown out the window by then lol!!

Hailea3108

From what I've understood so far from the forums, the 753 a was replaced by the 753 n which is the one I have that doesn't work.

From reading other members posts the frequencys are the same, just diff manufacturers put 433 or 434?

My cars a 51 plate, but seat have told me that it's on a 2002 chassis/build which had got me thinking it needs the ct/ag key which was for 2002 onwards..

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Mine is 2001 so 433mhz worked for me,if yours come under 2002 then like i said either will work,took me a few time to program tho

Aug 16, 2011
Huddersfield
Mine is 2001 so 433mhz worked for me,if yours come under 2002 then like i said either will work,took me a few time to program tho

either won't work, it has to be the correct remote for the correct year car. I've been supplying, cutting & programming car keys for over 2 years now & i've tried all sorts of remotes with VAG to see what's cross model compatible

Jul 12, 2013
RETFORD
I think both myself and actionman have offered to help out the op now on various occasions and for some bizaar reason the help/advice was ignored

Keep playing around trying to find the correct key from people who dont have a clue, or ask one of us nicely to provide you with a working key. Actionman carries enough stock to sort you out with new items or conclusively check what you have.

RICKY3

Jun 2, 2012
AYRSHIRE
Sorry to hijack Can a single key be reprogrammed (central locking) using vagcom?
And do i need the code?

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.