sorry

Oct 12, 2005
sorry if this has been said before but i have done searches for it. when i press the auto climate button the air is always on my feet and it doesnt change and nothin comes out of the wents...can anyone explain this

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
The Leon has at least two temp sensors (maybe three?) so on Auto it sends the air wherever it's appropriate. Given that hot air rises - that is most often down to your toes.

Oct 12, 2005
yes but on a 3 hours journy i had yesterday it sent air to my feet the whole time and also the air comes out alot faster on the driver footwell than the passenger

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
philtdi said:
yes but on a 3 hours journy i had yesterday it sent air to my feet the whole time and also the air comes out alot faster on the driver footwell than the passenger

Is the climate control unit the same as whats in the LCR?

If so why not just press the up arrow or the vents button on the display :confused:

Oct 12, 2005
coz i thought that they auto climate control would distribute the air to wents and other places not just footwell

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
tbh the auto mode on mine never seems to work the way i want or expect it to - when i press it most of the time it slaps the fan speed up to near full blast and sometimes aircon switches on too. However, i assume its as it tries to get the cabin temp up to the desired temp on the cc controls - it does slow down after a little while though.

I just manually set it (well, the semi-manual mode anyway) - far easier than the hassle :)

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Pabs said:
tbh the auto mode on mine never seems to work the way i want or expect it to - when i press it most of the time it slaps the fan speed up to near full blast and sometimes aircon switches on too. However, i assume its as it tries to get the cabin temp up to the desired temp on the cc controls - it does slow down after a little while though.

So you get in the car and it is 15 degrees (or 30 degrees) inside.

You set the aircon to 22degrees and it blows hard and hot (or hard and cold) to get the interior quickly up (or down) to 22 degrees.

Once it's approaching the desired (set) temperature, the fan slows as it just has to maintain the temperature you've reached.

If this isn't what you expect it to do...... then can you explain what the 4ark you do expect it to do. Cos I'm confused. :confused:

Similarly - if (assuming you have it set to 22) it senses the upper cabin is at 22 degrees and the lower cabin is only at 20 degrees ~ guess where it will send the warm air. :)

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
well mik.....

I think one of my sensors is dud TBH. It basically whips the fan speed up to full no matter what temp i set it to go to - if its around 22degrees in the cabin and i put it to 21degrees and then auto - it still pumps out at full speed for a few mins.
Alternatively if its been manually set to 22 and i have been driving for a good 20mins and it is at the right temp, and then press auto without adjusting temp, it sticks the aircon on :S???
Is that right then?

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Hitting "auto" always puts the compressor on (unless the outside temp is below 3 deg approx - to avoid compressor icing). This will allow cool air in summer, but also allows warm air with lots of moisture removed from it for winter. Stops the car misting up.

Not sure if you have a dud sensor or not mate.

What happens if you set it to 20 deg on auto and wait til it reaches equilibrium, and then switch to 22deg? I'd expect it to blow harder without going full blast.

If you have it set to 22deg, but have the fan turned down manually, you may think it's approx 22 when it isn't ~ the system is trying to heat the car but you've "choked" it back. When you hit "auto" it can pump the air out to really bring it to 22. Similarly it could be 22deg at face level, but cooler than that lower down, and the system is just balancing the temp across the car.