Soundaktor panel

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I prefer it to sound of the agricultural VAG diesel. Sounds like a bag of spanners in a washing machine (a bit like a Ducati).

Yep - that's why mine is on about 20% setting. just enough to be there but not really noticed.

Last edited:

kentbloke

Jan 2, 2015
Greenhithe KENT
Not sure why the VAG group spend so much time and money on the ride/sound/fittings on these cars only to spoil it with this cheap bit of junk (soundakor) then dont let you have the facility of turning up/down or off.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
FFS yet another problem with the car. Now is now vibrating like made at 1600-2500 revs. It's coming from the panel on the top centre of the dash and goes away when I go into other that Sport mode.

I apparently bought a SHII-AT Leon...

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
FFS yet another problem with the car. Now is now vibrating like made at 1600-2500 revs. It's coming from the panel on the top centre of the dash and goes away when I go into other that Sport mode.

I apparently bought a SHII-AT Leon...

I had the same issue. I couldn't understand why it only happened in that range if the revs but mine vibrated in any mode.

You will notice that there are two plastics on the side of the central console (the lower side when the gear stick is) that overlap. Just put your fingers between them and I am quite sure the vibration will stop. You need to insert something in there so that the plastics don't touch anymore.

Last edited:

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
I unpluged and removed mine this week, engine noise isnt to bad when you rev it past 4000rpm and up, and the silly Xbox sound dont come in.:D

yea even at idle, switching between modes and hearing the box of nails start and stop got on my nerves. disconnected it today but haven't removed it as i didn't feel it necessary, that and the fact i could barely fit my hand through the skuttle gap as it was. i don't want to take the whole plastic rain cover off this early in the car's life :)

the plastic 'rivet' pegs either side by the bonnet hinges are easy to remove. i just used a long modelling tweezer as leverage to wriggle the middle pin loose.

jmX47q.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Is possible to deactivate soundacuctator via obdeleven?

there is an app (10 Credits) or you

go control unit A9 Actuator For Structure-Borne Sound
select adaptations
select Volume of structure-borne noise actuator

And change the volume to your required level, I have it set to 0 but you can go between 0 and 100 from memory.

BreadlyBrown

Jan 24, 2013
Southampton
I have set mine to 30% using obdeleven and find it a good compromise between hearing the raw engine and exhaust but with a little low end growl to make it enough of a change from the other driving modes.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.