AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Guys, I'm looking in to replacing parts of my LCR210 with proper carbon-fibre pieces. I say proper, because I don't want any of that carbon-like cheap nasty stuff. I'm not looking for weight saving as such, I just want to give the car a touch of class. As such, I don't want anything chavvy, if you know what I mean.

Since I run a black LCR, I figured that a CF splitter, rear spoiler and wing-mirror covers would be an excellent place to start, especially as my friend has a carbon-look splitter on his Racing Puma that is his pride and joy. I'd love to put a proper carbon splitter on mine.

The one major point for me though is that I love the looks of the standard LCR, and I don't want to change that, so whatever parts I get I'd need them to be the same shape/size of the original parts that they're replacing. If the above parts are available and look good enough, I'd probably consider a CF bonnet too, though I'm not 100% sure.

Thoughts? Aware of any of these already? Cheers

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Good luck with that, i will be watching this thread closely, i have not see any carbon fibre aftermarket parts for the LCR, other that whats under the bonnet.

I myself would sell my right arm for a rear carbon fibre diffuser.

J0N

Defected!
You can get the Carbon front splitters from time to time on here or ebay at around £100, D.K has one but I'm pretty sure he only fits it for shows and the like as these are very low to the ground and don't have a prayer of clearing speed bumps. As for the other bits you mention I think wrapping is your best option.

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
i know of myself and robdon that have carbon fibre bonnets maybe 1 or 2 more but unsure who else has them. These are like rocking horse crap and only come up forsale very rarely. I like it on the car and gives it a nice touch. Ive got a splitter like d.k's but as said it is low so im as yet to fit and would only fit for shows etc. best bet is the wrap stuff but doesnt reduce weight just more for show. Shall also be following this thread just for more ideas.

Mark

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'v got a few bit's of Carbon on my car
This the splitter, it's off a Seat Cupra Champion race car, It's not the normal style weave pattern, It is quite low and it does scrap some speed hump's and the car's not been lowerd.
31052009180.jpg

Engine cover's
15072009266.jpg

I made this one
15072009267.jpg

I did also try makeing carbon mirror cover's but the did'nt come out too good.
16082009358.jpg

To be fair to the vinly stuff if you buy the right stuff it does look very realistic,
Alo if you only going to replace pastic part's you wont save much in weight,
12092009376.jpg

12092009378.jpg

17102009429.jpg

There's more carbon pic's in my build thread, link's in my sig

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
D.K, there's some really nice stuff in there! The main objection I have to vinyl is that it doesn't catch the light the same way that proper CF weave does. I have CF knuckle protectors in my motorbike Alpinestars gloves too and it just screams quality to me. Also, there are those that are just a chequered pattern and look pants.

I'm not such a fan of your engine cover (I like the shape of the original), but that other part looks great. Also loving the detailing in the intake by the num-plate.

What's wrong with the wing mirror cover by the way? Doesn't look bad from here.

Also, any chance that you can show me detail of the splitter? How much are they? To be fair, I find splitters are like consumable items on the LCR (have had two replaced already and I've only had the car since March).

As I say, I'm not looking for weight saving, although of course it's always beneficial where available. If I really wanted to save any weight from the splitter, I could probably just drive with my shoes off and save more weight than getting a CF splitter.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Here's some close up's of the spliter
07112009459.jpg

07112009460.jpg

When I did the mirror's I just wraped the the OE one's i carbon, This caused 2 problems,
1 the real carbon does'nt like to stick to tight curve's so it lifted a bit in a few places,
2 by laying carbon over the OE mirrors it made them bigger so they did'nt sit flush to the rest of the mirror

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Understood. I suppose the best solution would be to wrap the existing mirrors in something else to create a form, and then mould the CF piece in that? Would it not?

Unsure about the splitter; looks odd. Can't put my finger on it, if you know what I mean. Shame.

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I would like to see more pictures than just this though:
image.php

Would you put some kind of spacers on the wheels to fill the flared arches, wider wheels, or something else?

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.