south bank parking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Phil,
We have changed our plans and will be traveling down on Saturday. :happy: What time are you thinking of leaving? We could get a convoy started here. Is Craig :moon: travelling down with you? If not, we could meet up in Stockport, along with anyone else in the Manchester area that is travelling down, Paul & 'Z' are you interested?. We could perhaps meet in Halfords carpark on Lancashire Hill (and fly our flag!!) :lol: . Then we could catch up with you and Transporter and any others at Stafford services. What do you think?
Whilst on the subject of convoys, am I right in thinking you mentioned a convoy to Mondello Park, if so, we'd be up for that.
Anyone else thinking of going to Brands, stop thinking about it, 'JUST DO IT'. You'll have a great day and I'm confident this is our (SEAT :flag: ) year.

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
CUPRACAR said:
Phil,
We have changed our plans and will be traveling down on Saturday. :happy: What time are you thinking of leaving? We could get a convoy started here. Is Craig :moon: travelling down with you? If not, we could meet up in Stockport, along with anyone else in the Manchester area that is travelling down, Paul & 'Z' are you interested?. We could perhaps meet in Halfords carpark on Lancashire Hill (and fly our flag!!) :lol: . Then we could catch up with you and Transporter and any others at Stafford services. What do you think?
Whilst on the subject of convoys, am I right in thinking you mentioned a convoy to Mondello Park, if so, we'd be up for that.
Anyone else thinking of going to Brands, stop thinking about it, 'JUST DO IT'. You'll have a great day and I'm confident this is our (SEAT :flag: ) year.
Yes, interested, just depends on timing. Have to sort a few things out Saturday, cleaning guinea pigs, usual Saturday drill :rolleyes:

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
CUPRACAR said:
Phil,

Keith,

We were meeting at Uttoxeter around 10 am ish, cut across the A50, then straight down the M1.

AL (Transporter) isnt coming this time, so its just me and LardyStorm cars. let us know ur thoughts.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Not sure what time were leaving as yet, so can't really commit, depends mainly on the brother in law, and the rest of the family :p I just go with the flow.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Z would I be right in thinking that Brands are waiting till online ticket sales have finished; so they can see how many South Bank tickets they've sold before they dole out any allocations to SEAT Sport or others. Hence the delay in being able to confirm for SCN.

You might have thought that a bit of generosity/goodwill towards enthusiatic ambassadors of BTCC and motorsport generally would be a little higher up their TO Do list rather thanjerking you guys around :shrug:

If it's not diplomatic to reply I quite undrestand ;)

Ps If you need help doling out passes the little helpers and I might be up for that as we can be there from relatively early.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No idea, we've just left it in SEAT Sport's capable hands, if it can be sorted, it will be. But there are never any guarantee's, SEAT are as powerless as us, if they say no.

I've heard elsewhere there maybe weather complications with Brands allowing cars to park on the South Bank, but how accurate that is, im not sure.

Certainly it was a bit dicey last year, so if we have a lot of rain over the next few days, it could be very sodden, and they may not want cars on it, in case they end up getting stuck..

The other element being the MG boys will likely be looking for South Bank access too, it could be a case of getting there early, and paying the £5 to park anyway.

If we do get the parking allocation, and we've got to have passes, id still appreciate the early attendance anyway, because I, and whoever helps don't really want to be standing on the main gate for 2 hours waiting for people to turn up.

ZBOYD said:
, it could be a case of getting there early, and paying the £5 to park anyway.

If we do get the parking allocation, and we've got to have passes, id still appreciate the early attendance anyway, because I, and whoever helps don't really want to be standing on the main gate for 2 hours waiting for people to turn up.
totally agree

We'll be there early, as will Tris, Gaz and Amanda and whoever comes in convoy from Maidstone.

We'd be more than happy to assist :thumbup:

flashbsd

£5 to park, it was £2 when i went last year?

If you need to hand out passes, just tlel us a time to be in by and we will be :)

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Vicky M said:
totally agree

We'll be there early, as will Tris, Gaz and Amanda and whoever comes in convoy from Maidstone.

We'd be more than happy to assist :thumbup:
Maidstone - that's south of Brands, right?
And Ashford is south also (according to my map), we'll be heading up the M20/A20 Sunday morning from our lucious hotel, all warm & toasty, unlike Empi5 who will have frozen his brass bits off during the night. When & where are you meeting up?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
ZBOYD said:

Awe come on - it's fun when people call you up & ask if you can stand in the cold for another 25 mins because they got up late.... ;)

I'll be thinking of you from LA. but in an envious, but "I'm in the sun" kind of way

Z - I expect a report online for when I get back to the hotel, so you'd best buy the wifi

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Best plan is to solicit for interest now, get number of attendees by mid-week, then announce you have n-1 tickets, so last one there parks with the plebs :p

Aug 30, 2004
Stockport
Empi5 said:
Keith,

We were meeting at Uttoxeter around 10 am ish, cut across the A50, then straight down the M1.

AL (Transporter) isnt coming this time, so its just me and LardyStorm cars. let us know ur thoughts.

Probably able to make Uttoxeter by 10.30.ish I usually go Stockport, Leek and join the A50 at Uttoxeter

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
CUPRACAR said:
That reminds me I must wash my hamster before I leave:cheeky:

Very wise. They won't let you cross the Thames unless you do. :p

I'll definitely be parking on the South Bank if they open it. I can't be arsed with parking two fields away like I've often had to do. Especially if it rains! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.