Southampton members!! 5/01/13

B E O W U L F

Hey folks - Anyone in the Southampton area have access to VAGCOM?

Would be good to know to assist at meets. I've got access to Torque Pro on my phone and an OBD11 Reader if it helps.

W U L F

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
Hey folks - Anyone in the Southampton area have access to VAGCOM?

Would be good to know to assist at meets. I've got access to Torque Pro on my phone and an OBD11 Reader if it helps.

W U L F

i have the ebay cable and free version of the software, dont know to much about using it tho, i'd probably mess something up, i only got it to clear the airbag light code.

Mar 3, 2012
southampton, UK
Update for the southampton boys. There's a meet in the mayflower on the 17th(sunday) with a small group called Southern customs. Time is 4 until 10. Incase any1 is interested.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

Quick bump for the local people. Numbers are around 50ish hopefully. Uncedided if I'm gonna go yet but weather is nice and good location. Any one need more info just holla

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk 2

nerayan

Nerayan
Apr 8, 2010
Portsmouth
Quick question. When you service your vehicle at a seat dealership, the report sheets you get back, is it like an MOT? Because my HIDs have never come up as a fail. Should I assume that its all good for a proper MOT? Or should I change them back to oem?

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
Yeah you should have no problem then its only if they are not aligned they can fail. But the police MAY stop you if your lights are too blue 8000k is fine though anything above I would avoid

George657

Dec 25, 2012
Portsmouth
Depending on wether the MOT tester, HID's will fail an MOT due to not giving off a beam pattern, regardless of wether the bulbs are aligned or not.

jumbo77

Dec 15, 2012
Depending on wether the MOT tester, HID's will fail an MOT due to not giving off a beam pattern, regardless of wether the bulbs are aligned or not.

That's not 100% true I work at a garage and was mot assistant for well over a year and never failed hids for bad beam pattern. Iv got hids myself as my pattern is as clear if my clearer than my old halogen bulbs so tbh I'd be surprised if anyone's hids fail.

George657

Dec 25, 2012
Portsmouth
Depending on if you have 'angel eyes' fitted, aswel as washer jets for your headlights. If you read the small print in your box/instructions, all HID should be used in conjunction with self levelling headlights, projector lamps, washer system for the headlight itself. My mates dad owns a garage, and I have seen many cars fail due to having HID's fitted in normal headlamps.
I'm not saying don't run them, because I have used 6000k HID's before on my previous car.
It's also a very vague subject with VOSA.
Your more than welcome to google it, and I'm pretty sure VOSA state if the headlights give of a scattered beam pattern, your car will fail an MOT, depending on MOT testers discretion.

Last edited:

jumbo77

Dec 15, 2012
Iv had this argument with loads of people you don't need self levellers or washers unless they were fitted from new or above a certain lumens. May say it on the box but u don't need then for an mot but Its probably different for the law

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members