Space saver Cupra 2019

May 19, 2019
Just seeing if anyone else has one with there cupra, as today I got a flat went to change the tyre and was shocked to find that the space saver doesn't fit due to the disc breaks.

so had to wait 3 hours for a friend to get and bring me a replacement, so I'll be contacting my dealership to see if they can swap it out with one that would fit.

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Generally speaking u should put spares on the rear. This would have solved problem by swapping rear onto the front and the spare on the rear.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Oh right really! Havent actually tried mine.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Just seeing if anyone else has one with there cupra, as today I got a flat went to change the tyre and was shocked to find that the space saver doesn't fit due to the disc breaks.

so had to wait 3 hours for a friend to get and bring me a replacement, so I'll be contacting my dealership to see if they can swap it out with one that would fit.
Is this one you have bought from a dealer? Factory fitted? Or elsewhere? I bought an 18" from Seat

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Generally speaking u should put spares on the rear. This would have solved problem by swapping rear onto the front and the spare on the rear.

According to the manual, has to on the rear of FWD Cupras to protect the diff. Although I think rear is always best anyway as less going on.

May 19, 2019
It was factory fitted, as far as I know, I didnt spec my car it was just one that was in stock at my local seat

Mar 15, 2019
hi,

I just finished checking mine just in case so I don't end up in a situation like you. and mine fits. I have a 2019 leon cupra 300 st with 19 inch alloys and space saver size is t125/70 r18 99m

Reactions: LouG

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I just checked what mine is and its T125/70 R16 96m
So they've given you a 16" space saver, should be an 18".

My last 280 came with space saver from factory that was 18". So its either a factory **** up or one that's been added/swapped last minute by dealer and cocked up.

Reactions: JM65 MCC

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
Cupra 2019 Should have come with the 18" space saver as standard. It's included in the spec of the car. Looks like some mishap has happened somewhere and a 16" has somehow ended up in your boot.

Reactions: JM65 MCC

rcwsr

Jul 5, 2019
I've got a space saver in my 290, when I get chance I will have to check it fits and is the correct size. Good point about the diff on the front!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I couldn't find that in the manual but maybe I'm looking at the wrong one or wrong place, so where please?
Depends on your manual. I know my 280's manual had it, see if I can find the previous post on it. The newer manuals just say to use it on the rear regardless.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

Adrian300

Jun 10, 2019
Think regardless whether it states in manual or not its generally advised to put a spare on the rear. Even more so with a diff. Your front wheels are driving and steering so putting on the rear makes more sense anyway as they arent steering aswell.

Reactions: Damo H

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Think regardless whether it states in manual or not its generally advised to put a spare on the rear. Even more so with a diff. Your front wheels are driving and steering so putting on the rear makes more sense anyway as they arent steering aswell.

Yeah, but there was something about the effect of the spare wheel on the VAQ diff. Something along the lines of the mismatched rolling radius and weight triggering the diff even in a straight line. Potentially causing damage/excess wear and tear through over use.

Its winding me up that I can't find it.