Space Saver info for FR 184 with 18" factory alloys?

Turborat

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,

I'm looking to source a second-hand space-saver kit to replace the factory supplied Tyre inflation foam kit.

I've been searching the forum but can't seem to find exactly what I need, so I was wondering if someone could let me know the correct size space-saver & offset I need or, the correct part number to look out for? As mentioned in the title, I need the spare to fit in place of the factory fit 18" alloys.

Thanks

TR

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
A 16" space-saver kit will work, but you really want the 18". The 16" will have the same rolling circumference as your 18" alloys, but the tyre wall will be deeper by 1" and could potentially affect the handling if mismatched.

The other thing to consider is there's different part numbers depending on whether you've got a 3/5 door hatchback or the ST estate. The difference being the foam insert.

Reactions: Turborat

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Doing a few european tours every year, i got a full size 18" titanium alloy and tyre for a spare and ditched the mobility kit! This fits in the ST ok, don't know about the hatchbacks though. If you want a full size 16" wheel with 205/55R16 tyre i have one for sale in the for sale section.

Reactions: Turborat