spare button in leon cupra

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
Hi folks, does anyone know if there is a spare button availible for the leon, my car is away for a week so cant check, just wondering if there is a blank space on the centre consol where i could fit an oem button?

thanks

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Is this going to be for an automatic middle finger to pop up on your rear parcel shelf for the purpose of Insignia VXR's disappearing out the back window? :lol:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
is it possible to buy buttons to fit in to the marked area on the photo below?

seat_leon_cupra_interior_15_06_07.jpg

n_olympios

greek member
Those spaces at the aircon controls are for the heated seats pots. They don't come alone, you have to buy the whole aircon control thing at a whopping price (I checked it out in ETKA, and there's no space behind them either).

What type of switches and how many do you want to install? You could probably get switches like the ones for the ESP/tyre pressure placed beside the handbrake, and install them somewhere with adequate space.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
its just an on/off switch with an LED backlight i need, i never thought about having it next to the hand brake, that could be a good shout. can you have a look on etka for something in that area mate

thanks alot

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Take a look at this page. there's loads of buttons available and you just need to choose one you like and find somewhere to fit it. You'll end up with something oem looking I would think.

I suggest a JKV 959 013 A which is one of these...

JKV959013A.jpg

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Hmm needs an on off swich with an LED.......... WMI by any chance.

come on guys im eager to see the results of WMI on a k04. I might pick up a cupra once mine vRS is sold.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
not wmi yet, only WOT box, the button is only so i can operate is remotely without having to access the box. i am seriously thinking of wmi but i am just frightned i will run out of fluid when on a journey...

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
not wmi yet, only WOT box, the button is only so i can operate is remotely without having to access the box. i am seriously thinking of wmi but i am just frightned i will run out of fluid when on a journey...

All you need is a lamp to let you know when it is approaching empty, which comes with the DO kits iirc, then with the SPS switch, you can swap between to preset maps. one for without WMI, one for with it.

Failing that I believe jabbasport fit some sort of boost controller that reduces boost and timing when the WMI is empty.

How does this WOT box work. what are the pre-requisites for fitting a wot box. Does the car need tiptronic or DSG or is it usable on manual??

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
it only works on manual and it delays timing when you need to change gear, it allows you to change gear when the power is wound open which prevent turbo spooling down

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Might not be any use for you, but i installed a small switch for the power to my reversing camera. Its close to the fuse box to wire up too, and the cover pops off fairly easilly. (Well a fair bit of force to pull out the lighting controll knob).

DSC03922.jpg

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise