Spare wheel question!!

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
This may be a daft question so apologies in advance!!

Unfortunately my sister has sliced a tyre on her mk3 Leon and, annoyingly, only has the gel to use. She's running 18" aftermarket wheels on it. As it's Sunday and I've just had to drop her off at work where she finishes at 2am (unsociable paramedic) Is it feasible to fit my Cupra 280 spare to her car just to get her home in the morning where I will then get her tyre done tomorrow (and not pay through the nose for recovery today) and back on. Probably talking 15 to 20 miles max.

Your thoughts please??

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Does your 280 have a space saver wheel or an actual spare? If it's an actual spare, I'd be more inclined to compare tyre sizes to be safe.

I'd ignore alloy rim diameter and be tempted to measure the overall wheel diameter.

MrJohn91

Aug 27, 2014
www.facebook.com
Does your 280 have a space saver wheel or an actual spare? If it's an actual spare, I'd be more inclined to compare tyre sizes to be safe.

I'd ignore alloy rim diameter and be tempted to measure the overall wheel diameter.
Turns out my spare is an 18" so I've stuck that on and drove the car around the corner to her house and will leave it there to be safe!

Thanks for your reply

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members