Spare wheel standard on 2005 model??

rm101

Just been reading some threads in here and found a few comments about spare wheels not being standard on the Seat range which has me a bit worried....

Does anyone know if a spare (space saver would do) would have been standard on a Jan 2005 registered Toledo Stylance

If not, how much is one likely to cost.

I'm picking the car up Saturday, never crossed my mind to ask if a spare was included! I checked everything out, but never lifted the carpet in the boot.

Cheers

RM

rm101

Also, does it come with a jack and wheel brace etc. or will I need to buy the whole lot?

Never thought I'd buy a car and miss something as obvious as this... :(

RM

johna

Hi,

I've a 2006 Toledo and it has the puncture repair kit rather than a spare wheel. Not sure if it has a car jack or not - I'll check in the boot in the morning !
The space saver spare wheel is an option at time of purchase at around £55 as far as I remember.

John

rm101

I've got the car now, and I've got the jack etc.. but obviously no spare

So where can I get one cheap? And will a spare from any other model of car fit (i.e a golf or something)

Cheers

RM

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
My car was supplied with just the repair kit, and no jack.

The spacesaver wheel from a Golf Mk5 will fit, I bought one off ebay for £40 (inc tyre). Dealer wanted £100 + . Anyone know wher I can get a jack from? Costs £45 from the dealer

rubble2

Aug 21, 2006
Should have said, my car is a Leon, but I assume the wheels are the same on a Toledo

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
FYI, all new Toledos and Alteas supplied in the Republic of Ireland DO have the regular spacesaver spare wheel and manufacturer's jack and brace. The Irish SEAT dealers association told the Irish distribution outfit that they would not accept the absurd 'wonderweld' puncture solution. So perhaps the British dealers should take note....ask and you shall receive !!

Hobbit

Aug 5, 2006
Stockport
For 2007 spec Alteas / Toledo (built in Spain from May 2006 onwards) space saver spare wheel became a standard supply with the car rather than an option.

aceman

May 6, 2002
West Yorkshire
Visit site
When I bought my Altea I specified a spacesaver because at the time you could have as an option either a spacesaver or a full size spare (at the expense of ~40 litres of boot space) for £30. I suspect they cost alot more if retro fitting though.

schoma1

hi my tolly came with a full size spare alloy , the only problem is it eats boot space . if you put a full size spare in then you have to change the boot carpet

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.