Spare Wheel?

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Can somebody please tell the the size of the spare wheel for my car (Ibiza Formula Sport) because the one that it has just now is too big cos it will not come out without taking out the trim off at the boot lip and pushes out the vents at the back of the wheel well :( The size that is currently on just now is 195/55/16 inch

Cheers

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
195/55/16 is the correct size.
What do you exactly mean "it will not come out without taking out the trim off at the boot lip and pushes out the vents at the back of the wheel well"?

The spare wheel well should be solid, without any "vents".

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
If you look at the well at the back towards the rear bumper there are two rectangular plastic vents that clip into place. The trim part that has to come off is the actual plastic boot lip itself that has a cut out for the boot catch

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I only noticed the problem when i took the rear valance off last weekend and one of these 'vents' had fell out and was inside the valance (due to the spare wheel pushing it out). Even though you are saying that this is the correct size, why would they make the spare wheel bigger than the rest of the wheels would this not have an affect with the way the car drives?

Ferryman

1.8T Goes Like Hell
Oct 23, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
What size are your original alloys which came with the car?

If your original alloy size is 6Jx15, then you should have 15" spare wheel with ET43.
If the stock size was 7Jx17 (FR & Cupra), then the spare wheel is 16" ET42.

Edit: Now I see your´s was a Formula Sport and not Racing...

So I recon your spare wheel is 1" too large then :D

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I think that maybe your problem is in the way that you are trying to get the spare wheel out of the boot. My wife has a Polo 9N with 195/55 X 15 alloys and the full sized spare wheel can be a bit difficult to get out - you need to lift the part of it nearest the front of the car then ease the wheel forward a bit and lift the rear end up and out of the wheel well. The Polo does not have any straps etc to help you but the latest Ibiza does have a strap for that can be used to lift the wheel up.

It is even harder to get out when you have a warning triangle fitted to the rear valance.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.