Sparkie's Mk1 LCR Black Edition

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
0429e2679f4d1f32f0d90f08c7b6e7cd.jpg

Quick update,
Finally getting round to fitting my Corbeau Seat this week.
I have already modified the runners so not much to do bar drill out the subframe holes and bolt it in.
As a bare seat it weighs 6.5 kgs
Add runners and sliders and more like 9.5 now. Still an improvement on the weight of a standard seat.
While on the weight tip, I’m toying with stripping out the back seats and seat belt systems.
About 60 kgs saved when it’s all out.
No one really travels in the back any more, so figure it wouldn’t hurt to do it.
Dilemma is, I Don’t want it to look untidy though.
Decisions decisions...

Badger5 Custom Map + TIP,
3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,
BC Coilovers, ARB’s +loads more.
It's about 60kg with everything out not just seats. Seats will come in at about 35kg plus 5kg for belt bits and bobs. I really really do recommend not taking any plastic out...once out you will understand why I said not to. In the end I regretted it so much....why I got rid in the end.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It's about 60kg with everything out not just seats. Seats will come in at about 35kg plus 5kg for belt bits and bobs. I really really do recommend not taking any plastic out...once out you will understand why I said not to. In the end I regretted it so much....why I got rid in the end.

Cheers.
Plastic out equals rattling etc?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Cheers.
Plastic out equals rattling etc?

Not rattling but it's like turning it into a car from the 80' with road noise and when it's cold outside and all that metal is exposed it takes a while to warm up...too long. If you take all the plastic trim out it adds up to be about 10kg at the most.
When I get another cupra all I'm removing is back seats, air conditioning and all pipework, spare wheel,and the underlay under the carpet and the fire wall padding. Yes the road noise will be back but I don't care about that, you can hear the road and engine more and in my opinion that's a great thing in a 1.8t If needs be put back seats back in/parcel shelf and it's back to a normal car...not something I have to explain why it's like that all the time. About 40 people asked me "why is it stripped out for" in the two years it was like that, after the 15 person to ask I just replied with... someone broke in and nicked it. Nearly all said....really!! That's when I just walk away and say nothing.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Strip it out Less Weight = more free Power, who doesn't like free power....

Using the BAF brace and the rear seat belt mounting bolt holes works perfect for fitting a harness.

Also leave the passenger seat in, it'll counter balance your body mass a bit when driving (not saying your fat :) )

Deleted member 103408

I appologise in advance for putting more stuff on your thread but I saw this today and thought of your new seats needing a counterbalance or maybe a new bucket seat :)

Screenshot 2019-02-04 at 13.32.50.png

Reactions: Sparkie and vwtrev

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Not rattling but it's like turning it into a car from the 80' with road noise and when it's cold outside and all that metal is exposed it takes a while to warm up...too long. If you take all the plastic trim out it adds up to be about 10kg at the most.
When I get another cupra all I'm removing is back seats, air conditioning and all pipework, spare wheel,and the underlay under the carpet and the fire wall padding. Yes the road noise will be back but I don't care about that, you can hear the road and engine more and in my opinion that's a great thing in a 1.8t If needs be put back seats back in/parcel shelf and it's back to a normal car..

Cheers Andrew, good plan.

Reactions: Andrewwright

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Strip it out Less Weight = more free Power, who doesn't like free power....

Using the BAF brace and the rear seat belt mounting bolt holes works perfect for fitting a harness.

Also leave the passenger seat in, it'll counter balance your body mass a bit when driving (not saying your fat :) )

Yes weight saving = more speed. Gotta love it.
I’m a skinny so and so.
Or I was pre Christmas.
Yes leaving passenger seat for friends on track and my boy.
He’s very keen to have the same seat on his side too.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
:) I find the passengers get a good experience from sitting in a quite soft (by sporting standards) seat and standard seat belt, means they get thrown around more. One of the best improvements I made was fitting a decent seat and harness.

@Sparkie How you finding your car as a road car as you've a pretty decent setup now (do you use it every day?)

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Yes weight saving = more speed. Gotta love it.
I’m a skinny so and so.
Or I was pre Christmas.
Yes leaving passenger seat for friends on track and my boy.
He’s very keen to have the same seat on his side too.

3" what?

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
:) I find the passengers get a good experience from sitting in a quite soft (by sporting standards) seat and standard seat belt, means they get thrown around more. One of the best improvements I made was fitting a decent seat and harness.

@Sparkie How you finding your car as a road car as you've a pretty decent setup now (do you use it every day?)

No not a daily.
Saw I was putting loads of miles on it and thought better of it.
I have a crappy Honda Accord estate with electric everything and heated seats. It’s beaten up body work meantbi bought it for 800 quid. It’s a mile cruncher.
Can’t fault it.
The Leon is getting a rest. 100 miles since mid October.
Since doing the coilovers it’s defo a firm ride. But not crashy.
I do have coilovers set 8 clicks from their firmest so I could reduce this for road action. Handling now is so far from a standard car. Would feel weird to drive a standard model I think.

Deleted member 103408

I think he is trying to point out you signature is not clear 3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I think he is trying to point out you signature is not clear 3” Sustem, FMIC, Bosh 550’s,

Yup got that.
Tbh there’s so much I’ve done that wouldn’t fit I only put in a few points. Didn’t want to rattle on and on.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise