Speaker blown

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
The passenger side speaker in the back of my 2018 FR has blown. Has anyone had any issues with the speakers before? I’ve had the car around 18 months, and always thought that the speakers were fairly poor quality. Even after setting the equaliser up, I couldn’t get rid of the door rattles when the speakers were lightly vibrating. I’m possibly thinking of upgrading to the Beats system, if anyone has that, is it any better?

ayrshiredude

Dec 2, 2017
The beats system wouuld require some different wiring I think and different speakers and a sub. Not sure if the head unit is the same or has additional amplication. Probably not a simple thing to change yourself. Have you been to the dealer to see about getting the offending speaker changed under warranty? I have to say I find the standard setup on the FR pretty good and think its a well ballanced sound. Admittedly I don't have any rattles or vibrations that affect it. You could try using some sound insualtion stuck to the inside of the door panels to absorb some of the vibrations and see if that helps.

Matty_mk6FR

Matty_Cupra300
Oct 23, 2018
The beats system wouuld require some different wiring I think and different speakers and a sub. Not sure if the head unit is the same or has additional amplication. Probably not a simple thing to change yourself. Have you been to the dealer to see about getting the offending speaker changed under warranty? I have to say I find the standard setup on the FR pretty good and think its a well ballanced sound. Admittedly I don't have any rattles or vibrations that affect it. You could try using some sound insualtion stuck to the inside of the door panels to absorb some of the vibrations and see if that helps.
Not yet, as the whole of the UK is in lockdown mode I haven’t been able to! It’s due a service in 500 mile so was planning on flagging it up to the dealer then. I didn’t realise the wiring would need altering, I had just assumed the head unit would be a simple swap to the beats one, thanks!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.