Spec Stg3 Clutch Issues

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
It's totally normal, sound goes away when clutch pedal is depressed.

Try having a SMF on a DERV like me - Now thats fun :)

Arth

Hello I'm a new1 here. Got same problem at the moment with Clutchmasters kit. Jamie does it sound bad in every gear? What happens in the fifth gear at 70mph when you take your foot of the throttle? Have You tried to compare to rev the engine in neutral with clutch pedal in and out?

I've been driving with this kit for a while now. What I noticed is a decreased acceleration. Like I mentioned when I press the throttle in neutral with my foot off the clutch - the engine gets there slower and of course I can feel it while accelerating. What I mean is SMF has to affect the gearbox to go bad a lot quicker than a DMF am I right?
you have no meat to take away the noise and vibration from the engine to the gearbox

I think my GB is getting worse. It's not only the noise now...

Edit: The friction disk has got some springs on it. Is it not enough to absorb some vibrations?

Last edited by a moderator:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
springs are there to abosrb torque on take up, nothing to do with any vibration etc.
you may find fiddling with your idle speeds will smooth out the vibrations on the g'box input shaft/release bearing when in neutral

Arth

It's in every gear... I meant loads of noise definitely more in 4th and 5th. Its not only in neutral and not in idle speeds. 60-70mph in 5th its like a beehive.

jamiebennett81

Coupled with more noise, less weight, less expensive to replace and a quicker more aggressive grab.

pick up between gears is definitely more quicker.....I can feel it from the good ol' but dyno:)

rattling is annoying on idle, but then, the only time it sits on idle is when the turbo is cooling down

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise