SPECIAL SCN OFFER - PASSENGER RIDE with a SEAT WTCC Driver - Brands Hatch WTCC

nugget

Lurking in the background
Whole weekend can only be described as AWESOME. Tarquini driving the nuts off that TFSi was amazing...helmets, we don't need helmets, 80kph F**k that, f**king Alfa Romeo !!!:D :D :D Think he may have eaten a few too many Fish and chips last night ;)
Glad I invested in a SEAT Sport umbrella, even the awful weather today couldnt dampen it, top racing, Mr Gow take note !!!

Massive thanks to you guys and SEAT Sport for organising everything, fantastic weekend, onwards to Thruxton :D

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Fantastic weekend. Thanks very much to Seat sport and the SCN posse for sorting it all out. Tarquini was a funny guy and the drive round was a good laugh. It was also great to talk to Jason Plato in the Pits with Phil. Nice to see the usual faces and some new ones we left early as the weather was terrible and making the wife sit through it nearly 8 months gone would be a bit unfair.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
nugget said:
Whole weekend can only be described as AWESOME. Tarquini driving the nuts off that TFSi was amazing...helmets, we don't need helmets, 80kph F**k that, f**king Alfa Romeo !!!:D :D :D Think he may have eaten a few too many Fish and chips last night ;)
Glad I invested in a SEAT Sport umbrella, even the awful weather today couldnt dampen it, top racing, Mr Gow take note !!!

Massive thanks to you guys and SEAT Sport for organising everything, fantastic weekend, onwards to Thruxton :D

To be fair to Mr Gow, he has taken notice, all manufacturers will have to run S2000 rules from next year in the BTCC, but he can't make the manufacturers race here, they have to do that bit themselves. ;)

Glad everyone enjoyed it though, i am extremely jealous, and would of been there myself if i could of been.

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
It was a real eye opener. good to tlak to a few people. Great racing sunday. Thanks SEAT for chance, thanks Matt!!!

Tris pm me your phone number, so I can collect shirts
cheers all, see you all at BTCC in Sept.

nugget

Lurking in the background
ZBOYD said:
To be fair to Mr Gow, he has taken notice, all manufacturers will have to run S2000 rules from next year in the BTCC, but he can't make the manufacturers race here, they have to do that bit themselves. ;)

Fair point Mark, was just excellent to see a healthy sized grid with plenty of battles going on. Hopefully with the advent of s2000 regs for all we'll see more of the big manufacturers coming back to the BTCC.

Nearly forgot to say, the sight and sound of Mansell doing donuts in that M3 GTR....:D

...and it still feels VERY weird cheering for Yvan ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was thinking "CHEER UP, YOU'VE WON!"

but "Congrats"

at the same time

no talk of the donkey though.

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
Great weekend - thanks to all. Our lad enjoyed doing some of the driving. We did 550 miles this weekend (had to visit friends and family too) and our lad did about 400 of them. Most in the rain. Not bad after passing his test on Monday. Great to meet folks and that ride with Thompson was proof of what a good car it is and how great a driver he is... very interesting!!!! Must be the first time I have sorted out my wet weather gear with a massive grin still plastered across my face.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Madmile said:
...Jason Plato in the Pits with Phil...

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly he "had to leave" when you mentioned when your missus got preggers :think:

Top time. Jordi was impressive on the track (I guessed that the drivers wouldn't be throwing it around THAT much). I thought he'd forgotten to go round the indy track he was braking that hard.

My favorite quote was "See, the M5 has only pulled 15 yards on us in one lap". It was nice to be that close to it while it was being driven hard.

He also said how well he thought the new Leon handled, he said he thought it could handle a lot more power even in that form.

Thanks to SEAT (if you're reading this) for leting us have a go.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
tris said:
"wicked drive just go's to show if your a good driver you can drive anything quick :p
and boy O boy did tarquini drive the wheels of it :D

also met jason plato had a good chat with him about his best friend yvan :lol: and what he thought would be in the new cupra

thanks to mark and everyone who made yesterday a day to remember."
----------------------
I'll echo all of that.

A storming drive with Tarquini, mind you he did comment that Tris was helping improve traction at the front :bleh:
The grins on everyones faces told the story, as did the panic stricken organisers rushing to provide helmets to everyone AFTER we got back. Speed limits:ban:

Thought Jason was very cool, and relaxed and happy to chat to us, as if we were all down the pub.

To round it off a fantastic if soggy days racing today. Excellent results for SEAT and Nugget is no longer alone when it comes to deranged flag waving.

Massive thanks to all who made this possible. As Nugget says roll on Thruxton. Come down and see us in Sunny Hampshire. :cool:

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Fantastico!

The wet just makes the action all the more better…just when I thought last years very wet BTCC @ Knockhill couldn’t get more exciting this WTCC just proved to be as interesting. Great first race would have been all 4 SEAT in front if the Rob Huff’s Chevrolet hadn’t squeezed past! Sadly he wasn’t that lucky in the 2nd race I saw him spin off straight into the gravel pit right where I was standing! (at Druids -great place to catch the action got very, very wet!)

DSCF1055.jpg

DSCF1056.jpg

DSCF1046.jpg

And the free lap with Jordi was excellent…the new Leons chassis and handling is totally different to the older one. The handling was superb , I’d been on similar track day driven by Mat Jackson in the old Leon and comparing that to the new Leon was totally different. I’m impressed didn’t think the new Leons handled that well! Briefly met Plato and Yvan Muller was quite friendly (off track;) Jordi, :-
DSCF1017.jpg

Thanks to SEAT, Jordi, Yvan Muller (for nice photo) and mork for organising!

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Thanks to m0rk, Z, Scott Dennis and anyone else who helped bring this off. Absolutely fantastic experience which I will remember for a very long time. Even longer if the lad hadn't fluffed the pictures - panned really well, then got a lovely shot of a fence post. :rolleyes:

And three SeatSport drivers at the top of the driver's championship - can't be bad ;)

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
A most excellent weekend despite the weather, thanks to m0rk and Z for sorting the tickets, SEAT for organising it and the drivers for taking us round. :clap: :funk:

I too got a couple of pictures of fence posts :rolleyes:

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Tjanks again for sortig this weekend, was absoloutely amazing, esepecially the laps on saturday.

Was really lucky on 2 counts as not only did i get Mr Thompson as the pilot but was first in the cars so we got to sit there for ages while mansell went round chatting to thomo.

THen we ended up doing as extra lap as thomo missed that all that we were meant to start from the pits so we went round for a lap narrowly avoiding Marshalls and the medical vehicle before we came back to the pits and waitied some more, then out for the laps, think we were in the car for around 20-25 miniutes so was a real bonus going first.

The race was good, but a little wet, wa sparked up with a few of the SCN lot but then moved to a position so we could sit in the car and watch during the rainy periods, left during second race though to beat the mass exodus and get home for some kip.

cheers again

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.