Speed camera info

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Hi, I am sorry if this has been raised before but I am just wanting to get the speed or safety camera POI added into the sat nav.
So far have been looking on eBay but don’t think that that I need a full set of maps as the car is new so should be up to date.
Can anybody help out, not looking for a freebie so if anybody has recently paid for this info then happy to pay

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
BTW just noticed the little Turkish flag appear above full member. I am currently on hols in turkey, that’s a cool thing that’s added

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
I just use waze via android auto
Don’t want to have my phone plugged into the usb so was looking for something that I can update the actual map screen in the car.
I use the map in the digital cockpit so would be good to have the speed cameras shown on it, not that I am going to drive like an idiot

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Don’t want to have my phone plugged into the usb so was looking for something that I can update the actual map screen in the car.
I use the map in the digital cockpit so would be good to have the speed cameras shown on it, not that I am going to drive like an idiot

Yes, all we Cupra drivers buy it to drive sensibly and leisurely... *cough* :)

As to your query, I don't immediately have links to it, but there are some POI DB's online that include speedcameras and there used to be a tool that can add these to the map files on the car.
Since I have never used either, I cannot comment further - I will try to find where I read about this and post it here later.

A9BNL

Mar 6, 2019
Found it! Different car, but same HW - instructions should be the same:
https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/401902-installing-pocketgps-world-speed-cams-on-amundsen-mib2/

HHHmmmm... seems that VW has killed the tool that allowed adding POIs to maps, but at least now you know which direction to look on ;)
Thanks for finding, don’t understand why VW would do that, it’s a real pain in the ass.
I had a look on eBay and there are maps being sold that also come with bonus speed camera locations but I don’t know if this will mean a fresh install of the complete map system.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise