Spongy top breather pipe

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Ok

Just installed my Forge 007 dv :D but when having a check round the engine bay, i thought i'd better check my breather pipes as i'm having a stuttering issue. Bottom pipe seems fine, and although the top on doesn't appear to have any splits, when you squeeze it, it feels very spongey. Could this mean its all gunked up with oil?

Would like to replace in the future anyway, does anyone know where i can get these breather pipes in red? Seen black and blue so far

jonesy118

Mar 8, 2009
Cheshire
hi mate, I posted up on that other thread about hesitation.

When I replaced my top breather hose, I noticed it was really soft and squishy too, and once my silicone one arrived, I was amazed at how rigid it was in comparison.

The original one was full of gunky oil too!

And this is what you'll be wanting, Got mine for £24 posted, but now he's got them on at £24+ postage, he has 17 left in red.

DSC01565.JPG

Last edited:

gingerben

Jan 1, 2008
can really say volks bits the chap on ebay who supplys those hoses is a top bloke, i had a black one off him, far far better than orignal and took about 15 mins to install, i had a big hole in mine, and now pulls alot better.

quattrojim

have u possibly got a link for the exact hose i would need?

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
didnt look at that at the time lol.

Spend £20-40 on a catch tank and some 16 or 19mm silicone pipe (cant remember which now) and do your engine a favor at the same time :D

DSC00841.jpg

30ish quid on the bay

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
I'd love it if i could find a catch tank like that one, all the ones on ebay look cheap/tacky. Also, remember that normal silicone pipe isn't oil resistant, and in time oil will deteriorate the hose

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands

vee_dub_modder

Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
any catch tank will fit anything chap... its just a Question of where you want to fit yours?? ideally you want between 15-19mm fittings but otherwise you'll be fine... this is where i fit mine.

20.jpg

perheps not the best pic in the world but its up next to the n/s suspension turret. i modified the bracket to mount from the old airbox mount -- no cutting or drilling ;)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Think he meant the top breather pipe lol. Yeah should fit, but what year cupra have you got? Think the rocker connection changed at some point, think one is 20mm, one is 25mm

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.