Sports Cat advice

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Hi all,

I'm having some work done on my exhaust system (2010 Cupra R) and as it's due to save me some money over buying a whole new cat-back aftermarket system. With the money I save I'm looking at buying a sports cat (Don't want to go de-cat). I've measured my exhaust, 2.25 inches/60 mm outside Dia both sides of the stock Cat.

My options so far seem to be -

Powerflow, who seem to sell Magnaflow cats, but I can't get through when I ring, maybe still on xmas break, their "view product" link doesn't work.

All other options of Cats on their own seem to be shipped from America, many made by Magnaflow.

Or it's going to an exhaust manufacturer, e.g Scorpion, but they only sell theirs with a downpipe.

Are there any other UK based suppliers of Sport Cats with out the down pipe?! Thanks.

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
Of course after I posted the above I'd find what I think I'm looking for, Nemisis UK, sell universal Cats, with product details. Any further advice would still be much appreciated.

Project1P

May 30, 2014
Portsmouth
That is an option, but the garage have offered to use some donor parts from another car, a straight through silencer to replace my damaged middle silencer and some bigger tips to replace the originals. My system was damaged by the previous owner, hence crumpled middle silencer and the system doesn't sit centrally to the cut outs in the diffuser. Just in addition to this, to get a sports cat too.

Reactions: bruceR