Sports Exhaust for Cupra

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Hi Huffcap.... I drive a cupra st 300 and I’ve ordered a quality exhaust from a German company called Friedrich Motorsports.. They do exhausts for all of the cupra models and they have videos on YouTube as well, nothing about these exhausts are Chavy as to say, make a very nice low growl. Just type in friedrich motorsport seat Leon cupra and have a butchers.... might give you a different option...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
As someone else has posted, I have the BCS Powervalve exhaust. It’s slightly louder than stock when driving slowly but you wouldn’t notice it inside the car. Give it a little beans and it’s nice, full throttle it’s awesome.

If your near the manchester area (or Norwich this bank holiday) I’d be happy to demonstrate it. It’s cheaper and better quality than a Miltek too. In fact it’s probably the best quality exhaust I’ve had on a car to date.

Edit: doh should of checked the date on the first post lol

Hi Damo
Thanks for your reply...Yeah, we've all done that reply to an old post..no worries
I don't have a BCS dealer near me, I'm in Oxfordshire, so a demo from you is not possible, although I'd love to have experienced that.
My local dealer is only 5 miles away, and as l already have a Milltek Cat-back, the Milltek Turboback is next, due to compatibility etc..
This isn't a problem as l like Milltek's "not in your face" products...
cheers anyway
Huffcap

Reactions: Damo H

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi Huffcap.... I drive a cupra st 300 and I’ve ordered a quality exhaust from a German company called Friedrich Motorsports.. They do exhausts for all of the cupra models and they have videos on YouTube as well, nothing about these exhausts are Chavy as to say, make a very nice low growl. Just type in friedrich motorsport seat Leon cupra and have a butchers.... might give you a different option...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Deano
I'll have a gander at Friedrich ( Dankeschon!)
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
My only contribution to this thread is I am very happy with my Milltek, it not chavy, can do long distance with no drone and it gives a nice sound when its pushed. The biggest problem with these kits is you find it hard to see / listen to them for real.

To that end I live on the Lincolnshire coast so if you want to have a listen just give me a shout.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g95w_z4hrMOcKLC9IcuFv1vcbFAM5Ie_
Hi Oldboy
thanks for your reply..l,'m going with the Milltek D/P with the Hi flo Sports Cat. Not the EC approved one though as its some £600 quid more!
that just uses better quality cat stuff!! inside hence the price hike.

Appreciate your offer of a listen but we're some 170+ miles apart... l'll have to move to Grimsby!!

cheers
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Sorry, HuffCap, I'm not on here very much at the moment - pressure of work and moving home and all that. God! You should see my to-do list for the garden!

Yes, I have the Milltek DP and Hi FLo Cat (EU approved, of course!) and I am very happy with it still. Never a pain but sometimes I just wind the windows down to listen.... as I hurtle about the country lanes - or even the occasional reflective (noise wise) building:drool:

Hi N/A
Thanks for your reply...you have given me valuable info in the past..so i won't repeat, but needless to say your glowing reference of the Milltek DP and Hi flo Cat has reassured me in the past and now...but I'm going for the less expensive option of the standard 200 hi flo rather than the EU approved which is a lot more expensive.

Now get on with that weeding and planting now it's raining!
cheers
Huffcap

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
If you go on youtube and type in leon cupra exhausts there is loads of videos comparing different systems. Hope that helps.
Hi Leon
Done that and yes it does give you a fairly good idea what they sound like, but as my dealer says, all exhausts sound different on different cars
Which of course make sit harder to get it right!
Cheers
Huffcap

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Damo
Thanks for your reply...Yeah, we've all done that reply to an old post..no worries
I don't have a BCS dealer near me, I'm in Oxfordshire, so a demo from you is not possible, although I'd love to have experienced that.
My local dealer is only 5 miles away, and as l already have a Milltek Cat-back, the Milltek Turboback is next, due to compatibility etc..
This isn't a problem as l like Milltek's "not in your face" products...
cheers anyway
Huffcap
Miltek do good stuff, my friend Graham has a full system on the MINi.

I’m lucky as BCS are just down the road for me, which was definitely handy!

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
My only contribution to this thread is I am very happy with my Milltek, it not chavy, can do long distance with no drone and it gives a nice sound when its pushed. The biggest problem with these kits is you find it hard to see / listen to them for real.

To that end I live on the Lincolnshire coast so if you want to have a listen just give me a shout.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g95w_z4hrMOcKLC9IcuFv1vcbFAM5Ie_

Hi Old Boy

Just to let you know that i have had the Milltek Downpipe and hi flo cat fitted..and yes, it make a considerable difference and no, there isn't a lot of noise difference, perfect for my low profile aim of a formidable "Q" car. My only real gripe now is so much power does result in some axle tramp and wheel spin..mine's now showing 420bhp.. which is bonkers for a front drive vehicle!. Should l now get the proverbial engine mounts, dog bones etc.. l hear they do the biz , but i don't want to experience harsh vibration etc.. Do you, or others think they are worth it over relative comfort? Looking at some other posts...it appears they are a excellent mod, and well worth it..
any thoughts?
Huffcap

Deleted member 103408

Afraid if you suffer wheelspin then I would recomend my Revo engine and dog bone mount.

There is some vibration on tickover but when compared to the Racingline ones I think the Revo ones are much better. couple guys at the North West meet sat in mine and did not find the vibration unduly bad.

I am running just under 500 and certainly on the race track I had no axle tramp and kept the tyres where they are needed.

What my garage did say to me is that when they are first fitted they are harsh but the do soften up a bit and I am very happy with them.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Afraid if you suffer wheelspin then I would recomend my Revo engine and dog bone mount.

There is some vibration on tickover but when compared to the Racingline ones I think the Revo ones are much better. couple guys at the North West meet sat in mine and did not find the vibration unduly bad.

I am running just under 500 and certainly on the race track I had no axle tramp and kept the tyres where they are needed.

What my garage did say to me is that when they are first fitted they are harsh but the do soften up a bit and I am very happy with them.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
Hi Old Boy
Thanks for your reply, which was very helpful. Can I ask you if you think i’d Be happy with a dog bone/engine mounts etc (vibration wise) given that I like comfort and relative quietness!! with my motors. Strange I know, given the mods i’ve done!
Ultimately Is the slight harshness and vibration worth the trade off for preventing wheel spin and axel tramp?

Cheers
Huffcap

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Old Boy
Thanks for your reply, which was very helpful. Can I ask you if you think i’d Be happy with a dog bone/engine mounts etc (vibration wise) given that I like comfort and relative quietness!! with my motors. Strange I know, given the mods i’ve done!
Ultimately Is the slight harshness and vibration worth the trade off for preventing wheel spin and axel tramp?

Cheers
Huffcap

Noise Vibrarion Harshness (NVH) in cars is very subjective, I’d highly recommend you having a sit in a car with them. @paddy6789’s are extremely good, but being in his car after they were fitted was like being in a combine harvester trying to drive through concrete crop field. I’m sure they softened up.

Having met @theoldboy , he’s a top bloke and I’m sure if you aren’t to far from him he’d happily take you out in his motor :) I believe his are a little softer.

Deleted member 103408

@Damo H Stop being nice about me, its getting me worried I am going to have to do some more coding :)

@Huffcap I agree with @Damo H the best thing to do is sit in and go for a drive in somebody's car who has it fitted.
At the Last meet @paddy6789 did say that his were much harsher than mine and in fact Racingline had already said to him that what he had should only be used on Track Cars not Street ones.

More than happy if you want to sit in mine and have a listen and or drive, All I can say is I was told up front by Revo that i would feel the difference but as i had lots of other changes made at the same time I did not.

I think the Dogbone mount is a resonably cheap and easy fix that many people have had fitted to there car so I would suggest you start with that (simply because if its to much you just go back to stock and it wont cost a fortune. That will certainly help and you have to learn to drive these cars (eg not foot on the floor and go its about throttle control).

Engine and Gearbox mounts are not cheap (to buy or fit) so I would live with it for a while and see how you feel after the Dogbone mount.

The other thing is Tyres have you got good rubber on the fronts as this also makes a big difference.

ramborobert

Apr 5, 2014
That's good to know about the revo mount that's the one I'm planning in getting. It's been hard to find anyone who has tried it.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Mine are very harsh (well they were but have been removed now) but they worked wonders with the power transfer.
Do I regret getting them on the car, no. Would I get them installed again, no - Unless I was tracking the car full time. I'll certainly get the Dogbone and top engine mount again but not the upper gearbox mount.
Having sat in @theoldboy's beast a few weeks ago, it was quite surprising to see the difference between Revo and Racingline.

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
@Damo H Stop being nice about me, its getting me worried I am going to have to do some more coding :)

@Huffcap I agree with @Damo H the best thing to do is sit in and go for a drive in somebody's car who has it fitted.
At the Last meet @paddy6789 did say that his were much harsher than mine and in fact Racingline had already said to him that what he had should only be used on Track Cars not Street ones.

More than happy if you want to sit in mine and have a listen and or drive, All I can say is I was told up front by Revo that i would feel the difference but as i had lots of other changes made at the same time I did not.

I think the Dogbone mount is a resonably cheap and easy fix that many people have had fitted to there car so I would suggest you start with that (simply because if its to much you just go back to stock and it wont cost a fortune. That will certainly help and you have to learn to drive these cars (eg not foot on the floor and go its about throttle control).

Engine and Gearbox mounts are not cheap (to buy or fit) so I would live with it for a while and see how you feel after the Dogbone mount.

The other thing is Tyres have you got good rubber on the fronts as this also makes a big difference.

Hi Oldboy and Damo

Sorry about delay in replying to you both... Trying you guys cars is not an option as I live in deepest Oxfordshire..sounds like you are from the North West . I think I've read enough to feel relatively confident that the REVO dogbone is the one l should go for, and l can always put the OEM part back on if there is too much harshness and vibration with the REVO.

Cheers once again
Huffcap

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Oldboy and Damo

Sorry about delay in replying to you both... Trying you guys cars is not an option as I live in deepest Oxfordshire..sounds like you are from the North West . I think I've read enough to feel relatively confident that the REVO dogbone is the one l should go for, and l can always put the OEM part back on if there is too much harshness and vibration with the REVO.

Cheers once again
Huffcap
I am but @theoldboy is much closer to you.

Deleted member 103408

I am up on the lincolnshire coast if that helps.

I am a revo fan and very happy with the full mount kit.

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire
I am up on the lincolnshire coast if that helps.

I am a revo fan and very happy with the full mount kit.

Hi Old Boy
Thanks for your reply, Damo said you were closer to me than him, but Lincolnshire is still a long way to travel from Oxfordshire.
However I feel somewhat reassured about how you feel about the Revo mounts. Past feedback from members have all been excellent and have led me to feel confident about purchasing modifications based on these positive postings.

So, cheers chaps
Huffcap

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.