Sports mode on Leon FR 184

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Hi Forum Guys.
I have just joined having found this site after various searches albeit a little late...having had a Leon mark 1 cupra 150 tdi from new for about 9 years, and have just replaced it with a Leon FR 184 . The mark 1 was amazing and so reliable, when I part exchanged it had covered over 145k miles with no failures, merely wear and tear. Before that I ran an Alhambra..necessary for my extended family at that time..again an amazing work horse, trips down to the south of Spain over 2 days fully loaded.
I have been running in my new FR 184 over the past few weeks, and with the sports mode notice more engine noise in the cabin....but does anyone know what mechanical benefits this mode has to bring in performance. With the eco I've noticed things go a bit flat. Cheers. Paul.:rolleyes:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
It's also worth noting that the Mode selection changes the way the sound actuator inside make the car sound. As the actual in-cabin engine noise is mostly manufactured by means of a speaker, that makes the car sound more sporty in Sport mode and quieter in the other modes.

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Cheers for that...this certainly is an amazing friendly and helpful site !.
Many moons ago I was a member of a certain 7 club ....that lasted until my first subscription ran out ! !

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Hey, welcome.

In a manual you just get red lights not white, 100% throttle prior to pressing the pedal 100% down, some sound from the actuator and the steering tightens up a bit.

In the DSG the shift points change.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise