Spotify and Apple Car Play - issues (possibly)

Per

Dec 19, 2017
So, I was trying to listen to some music on Spotify on the drive home. The band is called The Treatment. Phone connected fine, but when scrolling through the alphabet the list got only as far as J. Is that an issue with the car's system, with spotify, with the cache? How do I make sure I can listen to any of my hundreds of albums, and not just those between A and J!!!

Apple cable is the original. Phone is an iphone8s.

Last thing I want to do is scroll through Spotify on my phone itself when the car screen is there for that (and not illegal unlike playing with the phone!!)

Is there anything I need to do in the car differently??? My drive home was about 25 minutes and couldn't get past J in the artist list. Pointless facility if it'll take an hour or more to get to end of full list!!!!

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Clear the cache on your phone and try. From memory it involves holding down the power and home buttons until the phone restarts.
At least that's for my IPad mini, you may want to double check for your IPhone

Reactions: Per

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester
Spotify used to limit CarPlay lists to 200 items. I thought I read somewhere they’d lifted the limit but I still see only 200 songs if I shuffle play my 900 saved songs so I guess not. Sounds like the same thing on albums.

Reactions: Per

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I know that on Android Auto if you start scrolling through Spotify it will lock you out for a few seconds and tell you to focus on the road then it will let you scroll again, Carplay might have a similar safety feature. It's to stop people staring at the screen as they scroll through hundreds of albums/artist and getting distracted. I just started using the voice search on Android and its fairly good. Just tell it to play album "X" by artist "Y" and it goes straight to it. Works 9 times out of 10 first go. The only thing that can throw it off is songs, albums or artists with punctuation or symbols.

You can activate Siri or the Google Assistant by long pressing the voice control button on your steering wheel.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I know that on Android Auto if you start scrolling through Spotify it will lock you out for a few seconds and tell you to focus on the road then it will let you scroll again, Carplay might have a similar safety feature. It's to stop people staring at the screen as they scroll through hundreds of albums/artist and getting distracted. I just started using the voice search on Android and its fairly good. Just tell it to play album "X" by artist "Y" and it goes straight to it. Works 9 times out of 10 first go. The only thing that can throw it off is songs, albums or artists with punctuation or symbols.

You can activate Siri or the Google Assistant by long pressing the voice control button on your steering wheel.

I'll have a try with android and voice search, but I don't use my android much these days. I tried Siri and voice search but Siri doesn't recognise or find Spotify for some reason!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.