Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Springs or coilovers for mk2 Leon

Discussion in 'DPM Performance' started by Worsnup, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Worsnup

Worsnup Active Member

Hi

I've got a mk2 Leon 2.0 tdi with the standard alloys on for now. I've been checking all over the forums and can see that in general people say springs for a lower budget or coilovers if you've got a bit more to spend on them. My cars on 53k so am I right in saying I could run springs with the standard shocks? I'd say max I want to spend is £400 so I'm presuming people are gonna say sportlines but any I'd appreciate any advice.

Just want to get it lower and handle a bit nicer

Cheers

2. Damian @ DPM

Damian @ DPM DPM Performance
    Forum Sponsor

Morning,

If you're just wanting to run springs then yes the Sportlines are the most popular option but with your budget you could go for coilovers if preferred?

Damian @ DPM Performance

3. Worsnup

Worsnup Active Member

Yeah I had a look on your website and spotted those AP coilovers which sound good. I was just wondering in terms of performance benefits would these coilovers improve the handling more than the springs?

Cheers

4. Damian @ DPM

Damian @ DPM DPM Performance
    Forum Sponsor

Yes because you'd have a matched set of springs and shocks instead of standard shocks and lowering performance springs.

Damian @ DPM Performance