Squeaking noise when cold?

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Hi guys,

Been meaning to ask for a while. When I start my car from cold, as in overnight cold, there is a squeaking noise. Now, it sounds like the cam belt passing over a certain area and squeaks, but could it be something else?
It's the 2.0 TDI FR

Thanks,
Danny.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
Perhaps the accessory belt is getting some condensation on it and slipping? It's also driven by the crankshaft so would give a similar rhythmic 'squeak' as the cam belt might.

On other cars I might have said the alternator was starting to struggle, but I don't know how reliable VAG alternators are.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
Perhaps the accessory belt is getting some condensation on it and slipping? It's also driven by the crankshaft so would give a similar rhythmic 'squeak' as the cam belt might.

On other cars I might have said the alternator was starting to struggle, but I don't know how reliable VAG alternators are.

Thanks for your comment Slimy, yeah, it's like every 2 seconds or so, maybe not even that. I need to get a video up but the PD engines are so loud when they're cold, the camera might not pick it up :( lol

Danny.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members