Squeaking while driving

madgibbon

Aug 29, 2017
I have 2014 1.2 TSI iTech. Over the past few weeks it's started squeaking when going over speed bumpers. It's gradually got worse and it's now noticeable during normal driving.

Yesterday I decided to try and find the cause. Initially I though it was the suspension, but there's no noise when bouncing the car. However I happened to lean on the bumper and there it was, the squeak. If I apply any pressure to the bumper it makes an awful squeaking sound. I found one other person in a Skoda Rapid forum with the same issue and believes it to be a polystyrene insert between the bumper and body.

Any one else experiencing this, and did you resolve it?

Thanks

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I ignored it for 3 years on my 2014 one. My 2017 Toledo doesn't squeak from the front, just the drivers side rear door instead. Had to ignore the rear spring squeak on my Punto for 10 years, but I guess it's my fault for always buying the cheapest new cars on the market.

madgibbon

Aug 29, 2017
I ignored it for 3 years on my 2014 one. My 2017 Toledo doesn't squeak from the front, just the drivers side rear door instead. Had to ignore the rear spring squeak on my Punto for 10 years, but I guess it's my fault for always buying the cheapest new cars on the market.

Thanks, haven’t been that impressed by the build quality of the Toledo. Its my fifth Seat, the others were pretty good. My Toledo however is full of creaks, rattles and squeaks, it only done 25k miles.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
My 2014 was like that from new. Annoying, but at least I enjoyed driving it.

It's not SEAT build quality because its a Skoda Rapid in drag, built in their Czech plant too.

The newer 1.0 is better built but has no torque and shitty OEM tyres from Bridgestone.

I liked the creaky one more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.