Squeaky Turns

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Hi,

Over the last week, I've noticed that my Leon is making a sort of squeaking/rubbing sound when turning left/right. The noise is coming from the front.

Any idea's on what it could be ? I know I need 2 new front tyres as they are pretty worn now, but it sounds like a brake noise (even though I dont touch the brake).?

Ta

foxes

Feb 7, 2005
Bang In The Middle.
funny this but this is happening to me chris (me thinks)!

When i turn left & right whilst stationary, it sounds squeaky (like rubber twisting on rubber) Checked my front tyres today and their worn in the middle on both.
Similar sound when breaking slowly & lightly, even when turning left/right like somethings loose or snaped. Some time me dont even touch brakes.

Haven't a clue, doh

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
My tyres are worn more in the middle too, and they are not over-inflated ??

It's doing my head in now as it makes the car sound $hit :(

LeedsLeon

May 18, 2006
Leeds
how worn are your discs?

I had a problem where my discs had worn and rusted at the edges which rubbed the metal on the brake pads. The noise went when I applied the brake.

Hope this might help.

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
here is to find out where the sqeek is coming from.
Jack up the car from the front so that fron wheels are in the air!
Spin the wheels and listen carefully for the noise! so you know where its coming from, do that with both wheels.
Turn on the ignition so you can turn the steering (easier to turn)! Turn the wheel left and right.

I had a problem with audi once, when car staionary or moving 1-5mph you turn it left or right, it would sqeek!
He checked it on the ramp and said it need new arms as the bushes were gone (some like that).

If you breaks are sqeeking, check the disk and compare them. the same with the pads!
try bleeding the brakes on both side this may help!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.