Squeek

migzy

Silky Smooth
Oct 5, 2001
london
Visit site
My centre console's doing my head in, all i get is continuos squeeking and it's bloody loud, i'm just about coping with it at the moment by turning the stereo up.

The problem was rectified by Seat, i think they just tightened the bolts on the inside of the dash.
Is this something i could do myself and would anyone recommend superglueing the bolts so they don't come loose.

Cheers

Migzy

Sim

who?
May 24, 2001
Budapest, Hungary
www.ignitron.net
which ibiza? i persume it is th mk2.

I've snapped out the whole panel which is around the radio and heater controls/switches, put some thin felt there.It was a bit hard to snap the panel back, but it improved on my sqeeks a lot. Also a badly mounted radio may generate lots of noise.

migzy

Silky Smooth
Oct 5, 2001
london
Visit site
it's the 20vt cupra mrk3, the noise stops if i hold the dash down above the centre console.

cheers

migzy

20vt
17's F1 tyre
remaped 205bhp
dynatwist
pagids

stupot

I get squeeks from time to time and it seems to be centred on the air vents above the radio and LCD screen. I've noticed that it's often temperature related, so that if I open the vents up and run full heat thru' them on a moderate fan setting, the squeek goes and doesn't return, until the temperature dips again (ie: if the car is left overnight or ambient temps drop a lot).

orangesprout

Cheeky !!
Apr 10, 2003
Dodge City, North East
Visit site
me too

my mk3 does it too.

if i push the dash next to vents behind steering wheel it stops.

does it more during cold times - it's due to the excessive use of ABS material which has a high friction coefficient

nice use of jargon there - not very well suited to movement as it becomes powdery which causes the squeak.

to cut the crap out - it won't go away unless you put something in between that and the bit it's touching.

thermalp4

Nov 1, 2004
South Wales
I've had my Stereo panel off the is morning and took the radio completely out to try and find what I call a "Chirping" sound like a bird! PhilW has had this before.

After i took it all out and checked all nuts n bolts i couldnt find anything loose so i put it all back together.
Drove down the road and as soon as i hit the first bump it started again.

If i hit the dash just above the air vents above the centre console it makes the chirping sound so it must be something rubbing under there.

Alphamale had this in exactly the same place so it must be something common and probably quite easy to fix.

If anyone finds out what it is let me know cause its doin my nut!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members