sssstew's 2nd Polo 9n GTI

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Well after a really shite year after selling my original Polo GTI, I am so pleased to have got through it all now and have been able to hunt down another one (and not for a silly high price like some want on online down under), after some chat i bought a fellow VWWatercooled forum members car, Leitch's 2007 Polo 9n GTI.

I picked it less than a week ago and have only done 20km in it so far but even from those few Ks its put a great smile back on my face. Really really good car, feel right at home in it.

Leitch has done most of the mods which i was going to do to an original one if i had bought it that way so he has saved me loads of time and probably money too!

Exterior:
Work Emotion CR-Kai in matte Gunmetal 17x8
Sharan stubby antenna
Honeycomb lower grilles

Handling:
H&R Monotube Coilovers
SEAT solid LCA bushes
Superpro Dogbone mount bush
Whiteline Adjustable Swaybar Links
Whiteline Adjustable Front Swaybar
Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar
Forge Upper Front Strut Brace

Braking:
Audi TT 312mm brakes with Remsa Pads and slotted rotors

Engine:
APR Stage 1 Map (Peak boost of around 19.5psi at ~3500rpm)
ECS Stage 1 Clutch with Lightweight single mass flywheel
Forge Front Mount Intercooler
Forge Turbo Inlet Pipe
Forge Intercooler-Throttle body pipe
Forge DV-008 diverter valve
SAI/n112/n249 system delete
BMC DIA cold air intake
Deka Lightweight Battery

Interior:
JVC KW-XR816 double DIN head unit with bluetooth connectivity (audio streaming and mobile phone w/ A-pillar mounted mic) and rear iPod cable
DVO boost gauge mounted in side air vent pod

The only things on my list of bits to do is a rear GTI badge and some original VW wiper blades up front at the moment, oh and might chuck a sub in later on.

Parked up in its new warm, dry underground car park spot :-
63F33B9D-79D8-461D-B95E-13D0C95AC1E9-13280-0000114A66A434BC.jpg

38A66409-091C-48A2-91C0-7E539BF6F9DB-13280-0000114A77EA6528.jpg

Love this shot
e0f9e78668b37efc9a3a43ce2d38a744.jpg

Engine bay
a0f7951b2a7dac1bb3ab26a4166f9d9f.jpg

Power Graph (converting Kw to BHP is about 189bhp i think)
DynoAuguest2012.jpg

And its in very good company in my apartment block carpark, see whats parked up next to it :-
28f9b31137d8252442c577321824fa87.jpg

Last edited:

hugh jass

Very nice looking car you have, tempted to one of these myself.

Sooooo lucky with indoor parking ;-)
)

sssstew

Editing your spelling
Looks cool mate

How are the Aussie rules on modifications / roadworthyness?

They are pretty damn strict, theres not much more can be done with it from what i am aware, but actually the roadworthyness is a grey art, the gov dont publish exactly what you arent allowed, its down to the descresion of the inspector, so something that one might pass another might not. its a bloody nightmare really. For the roadworthy cert (which is only needed when selling a car) the old owner put the original airbox and battery in so it looked a bit more OEM to increase the changes of it passing, which it did.

Very nice looking car you have, tempted to one of these myself.

Sooooo lucky with indoor parking ;-)
)

Yeah the parking is superb, but its not free, taken into account on the rent of my apartment.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.