ST 300 4Drive Mods Planning

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
Further to my month review, i really do need some more sound from the car. I use it for the 25mile commute, long drives from Suffolk to Wales with the bike, chauffeuring the wife and park both dogs in the boot everyday.

Therefore i think a Milltek Cat Back Resonated is the right way to go to get a little more passion from the exhaust without an 60mph drone. I don't know if Milltek are making a version for this but i guess it is similar to the 290 ST version. However for £1000 plus fitting this is a big chunk of money - anyone else with a 300 upgraded the exhaust? Is there a more affordable option?

Additionally, the VWR Turbo Muffler Delete also seems like an easy way to upgrade the turbo noise - worth it by itself or do i need to swap more components?

Thx

JACUPRA280

Jun 18, 2015
Somewhere
Further to my month review, i really do need some more sound from the car. I use it for the 25mile commute, long drives from Suffolk to Wales with the bike, chauffeuring the wife and park both dogs in the boot everyday.

Therefore i think a Milltek Cat Back Resonated is the right way to go to get a little more passion from the exhaust without an 60mph drone. I don't know if Milltek are making a version for this but i guess it is similar to the 290 ST version. However for £1000 plus fitting this is a big chunk of money - anyone else with a 300 upgraded the exhaust? Is there a more affordable option?

Additionally, the VWR Turbo Muffler Delete also seems like an easy way to upgrade the turbo noise - worth it by itself or do i need to swap more components?

Thx

Get a custom exhaust made

I don't understand the appeal of off-the-shelf systems.

Al3xC

Apr 24, 2018
Yeah - the only custom stuff available around here is Powerflow - anyone got anything good to say about them? Looks like a custom exhaust is about £400
Did you get an aftermarket exhaust in the end? I'm with you on the fact that it's too quiet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Huffcap

Sep 16, 2015
Oxfordshire

Thx
Hi Not so Simple
Did you ever get the Milltek res exhaust?. I have a 280 ST and i had a MIlltek Res catback put on. My only real issue with it is it's not much louder than stock, but it's a risk with other systems as they can be too loud. I lost sheds of money by first purchasing a Scorpion res catback...much too loud for me, but for some they love it! No Mway drone with Milltek system, so it's horses for courses, still it did cost £1400 ( not cheap!)...There should be a "try before you buy"...or "listen before you buy" process to stop you making the wrong decision as its costly!

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
No, i didn't get the exhaust. I swapped the centre silencer for a straight pipe which increased the noise by just enough to be happy. Not enough that the wife noticed so that was good. The rasps and burbles are definitely more noticeable but not too loud. Powerflow did the work for £60.

When I replaced the intake with a Revo cone one, this greatly increased the intake whoosh and turbo valve dump - though you only hear it at slow speeds and once the turbo spools up to .9 bar

Al3xC

Apr 24, 2018
No, i didn't get the exhaust. I swapped the centre silencer for a straight pipe which increased the noise by just enough to be happy. Not enough that the wife noticed so that was good. The rasps and burbles are definitely more noticeable but not too loud. Powerflow did the work for £60.

When I replaced the intake with a Revo cone one, this greatly increased the intake whoosh and turbo valve dump - though you only hear it at slow speeds and once the turbo spools up to .9 bar
Ah great! Has the pipe had any effect on performance? Could you post a video please? I'd love to hear it, might get it done to mine

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

NotSoSimple

Simple
Mar 3, 2017
Suffolk
No, afraid not - there isnt much more under load noise. Very minimal drone, nice sound as your put it under load in a high gear.

Like i said before, not enough that the wife noticed :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.