ST Bose Sub issue

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Hi guys

It seems like my Bose system doesn't sound the same as when I first had the car. It now sounds like the rear speakers are quieter and as if the the rear sub is working intermittently. Almost like the sub is pulsing quietly as apposed to working properly. I've checked the fade and balance and everything is set central.

Any one else had an issue?

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Get a multimeter and test your speakers you self.

Bose usually power each speaker independently with a mini amp. Did in my Mazda rx8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
my rear speakers are quieter than my fronts when I fade too. I've also had a sub replacement under warranty as the first was blown, but to be honest the replacement sounds the same - it's a pathetic sub. Most of the bass comes out of the front speakers.

Cupra TDI 150

Sep 25, 2007
Get a multimeter and test your speakers you self.

Bose usually power each speaker independently with a mini amp. Did in my Mazda rx8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kane7, I don't suppose you know what Ω the sub should be?

my rear speakers are quieter than my fronts when I fade too. I've also had a sub replacement under warranty as the first was blown, but to be honest the replacement sounds the same - it's a pathetic sub. Most of the bass comes out of the front speakers.

Hmmmm doesn't fill me with confidence, I agree with you most of the bass comes from the front. Just seems a bit lacking compared to how it use to, and if the sub is knackered was going to swap it out if I could either with an OEM replacement or an aftermarket version that would be slightly uprated and last a bit longer. I will enquire when it next goes in for service.

Last edited:

decadent

Apr 1, 2012
Herts
I had a look at replacements at one point: I couldn't find anything that was OEM but I did find a sub box that would fit in the original location. You would have to strip out the OEM sub and amp and install I new amp... I gave up at that prospect!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.