ST in Francis Seat Leicester

lard-ajc

Nov 22, 2007
Leicestershire
Well, what a dissapointment. Having read the reviews online and comments here I thought that the Exeo ST would be a good replacement for my Octavia estate (old version)

I admit that I didn't get to drive it (only arrived at the dealer the previous day) so it was just a sit-in and look around.

The one thing that was better than I expected was the front end - in real life it actually looks pretty good. But apart from that the looks are nothing to write home about - back end looks far better in the photos.

The model they had was the Sport ST which, while having ver good seats, was a mass of grey plastic (with some shiny black trim), buttons were very clunky and the steering wheel was a nasty cheap plastic job (was expecting leather like on our Leon Sport). I was also expecting a cavernous boot but (without measurements) it seems smaller than my mark 1 octavia.

It would be interesting to take it for a drive to see if that makes up for some of the short-comings but at the moment the pre-facelift octavia estate is a far nicer car to be in and will be where I spend my money in the next year or so when it comes to retiring the old one.

Would be interesting to see what other people's thoughts are about this.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
The A4 was always a small estate - what were you expecting?

In terms of the interior - the whole interior is lifted straight from the old A4 convertible, so I'm surprised you were unhappy with the quality - my A3 interior is certainly a lot better quality than standard SEAT fair.

Interestingly, according to SEAT all models SE and above should have a leather steering wheel - so it seems odd that yours didn't :confused:

I've not seen a ST in the flesh yet, but I had a good poke around a saloon Sport in a dealership a little while back and was impressed with it - just about everything in it was standard Audi equipment

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise