Stage 2+ requirements

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Right folks.

I am finally at the point where I can start getting all the bits together go stage 2+ on my 12 plate cupra r. So please could you list your recommendations for requirements and where would be best to get them from? So I am after:

Welly cooler
HPFP
TBE
Mounts

Thanks in advance

neil_1821

Jan 9, 2011
I can't really advise you on many of those items but my K1 is running stage 2 and i've got a Miltek TBE with de-cat and it's not too loud and it burbles a bit so i assume stage 2+ you may get a few pops and bangs if that's your thing.

Your best bet would be to speak with the company who will be doing the remap for you, as i'm sure they could point you in the right direction or even have their own stock like Revo.

Pretty sure you'll be needing an induction kit and an uprated clutch to take the increased power. I'd also recommend uprated brakes too

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'm just heading towards Stage 2. Got a Revo Intake, Milltek catback (which sounds ace and not droney at all). Going to add the Milltek downpipe with race cat. Mounts, I'd stay away from the cheap rubber type mounts. I had the Powerflex one, then about 6 weeks later binned it and went Vibratechnics. Expensive, but worth it.

After downpipe I'll likely do fuel pump (was looking at Loba) and somewhere inbetween Helix clutch and LUK flywheel. As I can't fit em myself, I just get the garage to get them in and turn up for fitting.

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
I have Loba hpfp, Volkswagen Racing intake, Milltek non-resonated catback and APR Stage 1+ map. Everything else is stock and my Leon produces over 390 bhp, no need for stage 2+. Daily driven car

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I have Loba hpfp, Volkswagen Racing intake, Milltek non-resonated catback and APR Stage 1+ map. Everything else is stock and my Leon produces over 390 bhp, no need for stage 2+. Daily driven car

You don't have a downpipe and sports cat or de-cat and you're getting over 390bhp? Are you sure? The cat-back system doesn't really benefit the performance too much, it's the former that's the most restrictive part of the exhaust system.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk

I think dyno lottery needs to be applied to the figure here personally.

Jaruba

Jun 18, 2014
Finland
Back to the topic: I suggest to have proper engine and transmission mounts made by Revo or Volkswagen Racing. I would choose Wagner Tuning intercooler and proper Milltek tbe.
Loba hpfp have produced zero problems so far....

Offtopic:
Of course my numbers sounds crazy. Maf readings support dyno numbers. All dyno runs are made in same dyno and using 5th gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38YOEx-zLBU

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Back to the topic: I suggest to have proper engine and transmission mounts made by Revo or Volkswagen Racing.

I've so far only got lower engine mount (dogbone). I've read the engine and transmission mounts are quite harsh and throw a fair amount of vibration into the cabin, so I'm scared to get them done! I also assume they have to be done as a pair? Or can you have just the engine mount uprated and leave the tranmission mount (which is apparently the harsher of the two)?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Spoke to Nigel at BCS today as ordered the TBE from him and was advised to do the dogbone mount. So I am thinking I will sort that first and do the other mounts as and when I have the funds. So I have PERON intercooler, ARB'S, LOBA HPFP, waiting on the BCS TBE, RS4 pressure valve, iridium plugs. Getting there.........hehehehehehe

P.S: Already have an upgraded clutch kit installed.

Last edited:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Hey JC, I know this is an old thread but did you get all your stuff fitted on your car? Get it dyno'd? How does the exhaust sound? You pleased with it?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.