Stage 3 Shopping List Cupra 280

Hazkirby

Nov 16, 2018
Hi guys

So starting from a blank canvas, what is required for stage 3 please?

Any perspective on cost greatly appreciated

Daire92

Cupra 290 DSG
Jan 6, 2016
Ireland
www.instagram.com
https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...age-3-gtx-turbocharger-kit-seat-leon-2-0tfsi/
Screenshot_20190222-145633.jpg

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
There is a lot of cheaper options to run Stage 3 car around 500HP than APR. Also this kit on previous post is not for EA888 Engines...
You need:
- Downpipe
- Intercooler
- Modified OEM intake
- Hybrid IS38 Turbo
- ECU Remap
- DSG Remap or if you have manual Clutch which will handle power/torque

This are minimal requirements to run around 500HP then you can add HPFP, LPFP, WMI ...

Jordan Neill

Nov 25, 2018
There is a lot of cheaper options to run Stage 3 car around 500HP than APR. Also this kit on previous post is not for EA888 Engines...
You need:
- Downpipe
- Intercooler
- Modified OEM intake
- Hybrid IS38 Turbo
- ECU Remap
- DSG Remap or if you have manual Clutch which will handle power/torque

This are minimal requirements to run around 500HP then you can add HPFP, LPFP, WMI ...
What do you mean by modified OEM intake? Eventuri anygood or no need as long as you have a wider TIP and elbow?

_Dejan_

Mar 20, 2018
By modify OEM intake I mean that you can modify original intake and save money for other mods it will be ok for up to 500HP(Some users report that run them without problems on hybrid turbos) ... Check for Golf R OEM intake mod or snow grate remove or something similar...

Reactions: S4BiT

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Mine is 470 hp running on a hybrid and stock airbox is perfectly fine.
Just dremel it, drop snow grate put drop in and it is good to go.

Reactions: S4BiT

Deleted member 103408

Dont think so, mine is Stock cant say I have had any problems with it.

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
That is debatable. Some tuners change it on 450+ some go up to 500 on stock one.
As tuners post on forums around 450-460hp you can start noticing loss of fuel pressure.
I am not tuner so no idea how much it is justified or just a security measure so it does not get lean.
I also read some posts were folks killed 2.0 tsi.engines when their fuel level was low and engine suddenly lost fuel pressure while hard starts.
Definitely something to it but let's say debatable.
Some run 500hp no issues some cannot pass 460 on stock one.

Deleted member 103408

All the stuff you have put above is true but the difference is they all have different Turbo / Map Setup / accessories so in my non expert opinion whilst we they are all trying to do the same thing (get a big number) they do it in a different way.

The Revo stage 3 map (and it is not the most powerful by any means) has a Revo upgraded turbo but uses the stock fuel pump.
I know for a fact that the Revo Golf test car has well over 50k on the clock with no problems and i have certainly done a fair few track days along with normal road use and not aware of any problems.

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
Totally agree. I personally cannot judge if you need it or not and until when it is safe to keep stock one.

I would also prefer not to have it as I paid for it around 300-400gbp :)
Definitely you can make it run on 500bhp on stock one.
Depends only where you get the tune

Deleted member 103408

And the other thing to bear in mind a lot of these tunes is they are designed to run on higher octane fuel, My understanding is that you cant get these in Ireland and certainly in the more rural / remote areas of the UK you cant get this fuel.

N8KOW

Sep 28, 2017
Manchester
www.kowalskidetails.co.uk
That is debatable. Some tuners change it on 450+ some go up to 500 on stock one.
As tuners post on forums around 450-460hp you can start noticing loss of fuel pressure.
I am not tuner so no idea how much it is justified or just a security measure so it does not get lean.
I also read some posts were folks killed 2.0 tsi.engines when their fuel level was low and engine suddenly lost fuel pressure while hard starts.
Definitely something to it but let's say debatable.
Some run 500hp no issues some cannot pass 460 on stock one.

In that case I’d 100% uprate as its not going to hurt is it?

Janusz

Oct 4, 2018
It can only make a positive change.
If you have time see vwroc forum.
Lots of 500hp+ cars run it as a safety precaution.
Still this is 400 price tag level mod so something to consider budget wise.