Stainless Bonnet lifter fitting help

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
I got some polo >95 bonnet lifters from volksbits as people say they fit, got them through this morning and trying to figure out where they go, i dont have a clue, could someone take some pictures off where they go please?

also the lifters a solid surely i should be able to compress them with my hands?
cos mine dont even move there rock

please help wanna get them fitted cheers

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
k ive figured where they go, but my lifters are rock solid they wont compress and i dont think there fully extended either cos there not long enough,

should i be able to compress them with my hands?

think i may have a duff pair

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
You'll have a job to compress them with your hands.... mine are stiff as anything ;)

Where to fit them..... undo 1 of the bolts on the bonnet hinge, the one furthest from the actualy hinge, and replce with the self tapping bolt that came with the lifters. Then remove one of the bolts holding the wing on to the car (use the one about half way along the wing) and replace with one of the bolts that came with the lifters.

Repeat on the other side.

Clip lifters onto the 'ball' joints, and remember to use the little spring clips to hold them in place.

Jobs done :D

spinrs2k

Jul 7, 2004
nice one mate figured it out, i was just being dumb :roflmao: , fitted and working perfect, well worth doing :cheers:

Xpist

i have just received my bonnet lifters today and I’d thort the same, thanks for clearing up my worry’s, my are also form volks bits, it would have been nice to have English instructions but it ok cos the forums on this site sorted my Confusion out

LeeroyBrown

Rite on!!!
May 7, 2005
Cornwall
Hi, have have done everything you guys hav said on here, but once mine are on, the bonnet doesnt seem to shut? The fat bit of the bonnet lifter gets in the way?? Any one help?

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
andyj said:
Also, don't forget to remove the rubber 'cushions' along each edge of the bonnet.... this is what causes the bonnet to 'bow' ;)
so do the rams themselves if they are too fat

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.