Standard airbox or Induction cone?

jamiebennett81

I think the majority on here have the cone, but I am going to switch back to a LCR airbox (to be modified with it being smoothed and run a panel green filter)

for me its more enclosed, more stealth, heat resistant and I think it was J@mes on here who proved some very good readings

what do others run on their Leons?

also what was the maximum size air intake people have fitted with them running it down the side of the battery etc, as my current air intake is tight at the moment (90mm I think) is there is not much room to go any bigger....

jamiebennett81

Apexi mushroom, I like the Tshhhhhhh

hmmm you see, thats what I thought it all use to be about, but not so much anymore

I would rather have function over form, and if it means losing some of the, dare I say it "wooshy" sound:rolleyes: and a gain in performance then I am all for that:D

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
As most know I'm useing a modded airbox.
I "think" you J@mes has got a 100mm feed to his but you might need to move the battery over a bit.
Mines running a 75mm feed pipe and it just goes down the side of the battery.

jamiebennett81

As most know I'm useing a modded airbox.
I "think" you J@mes has got a 100mm feed to his but you might need to move the battery over a bit.
Mines running a 75mm feed pipe and it just goes down the side of the battery.

cheers mate

why did you choose the standard box over a cone design?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I'm running a Apexi super power filter, did have it behind the bumper but it sucked in water due to our nice weather so its now back in the engine bay.

Did run a modified box with a green filter inbetween.....I prefer the noise you get with the open cone filter.

My air feed is 76mm, nice size to get between battery and inner wing :)

J0N

Defected!
I swapped from a smoothed/drilled airbox with a Green Cotton panel filter to a Jetex open cone and my mass airflow reading went up from 194.17g/s to 202g/s without any other changes to my setup, a gain of 7.83g/s and if I'm correct a potential power gain of just over 10 BHP. I think it looks pretty cool too.

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01596.jpg

Check this thread; Clicky.

Got the green panel in mine, admittedly it's not highly tuned but prefer the stealth look.

However I would like to impove the standard air feed to it. Can't see how to easily get the old plastic ducting from the grill off without just breaking it lol!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise