Standard Airbox Piece missing??? i think

Deleted member 20376

as the title says, i think im missing a piece off my original airbox :shrug:

at the min i dont have a pic but i can explain here goes.... :blink:
from the airbox at the box you have a cold air feed pipe. looks a bit like a banana shape that goes round the side of the battery and is held in place by a bolt.
then i have a gap.
i have a piece thats on the back of the light and a bit that goes to the vent??? should there be a gap.
if you have pics of yours that would help me in sourcing what i need.
i did go to seat and explain they said its a possiblity but wasnt 100% sure :cry:

thanks in advance people. :confused:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
A gap is normal, there is no direct vent from that tube to the bumper or back of headlight :)
I wondered that on mine but it's ok.

Deleted member 20376

cheers guys.
lol well thats what im thinking of doing.
on the diagram that seat had it does look like a peice that clips together tho. they said it would be £30 but he wasnt 100% sure.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
cheers guys.
lol well thats what im thinking of doing.
on the diagram that seat had it does look like a peice that clips together tho. they said it would be £30 but he wasnt 100% sure.

If you want the OE one PM me I might have one in the shed.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Not sure there is one is there.
Mine is another one with one missing.

1291507228409.png

brad1

That last bit doesn't really matter, tbh to make it more efficient get a 3" or 4" cold air feed and put it from airbox to fog light, much better;)

Deleted member 20376

yeah i thought about doing that but before i wasnt sure if it was direct feed as it looks like it should be. bit wierd how they have pretty much designed it to be but then havent finished it off.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The feed pipe only sit's in the bit at the front it does'nt really support it much cos it's boletd in place further up, IYou could have mine but I snaped it getting it out :doh:
Stick a 3" feed pipe in there mate it will get a lot more air into the box ;)

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Does anyone know how you remove that 3rd bit (the one Gaz is missing) from the car? I fitted a 3" feed ages ago but couldn't work out how to remove that last piece so I could feed the pipe through. That bit seems really firmly attached somewhere but couldn't work out how to get at it without taking everything to bits :shrug:

Deleted member 20376

The feed pipe only sit's in the bit at the front it does'nt really support it much cos it's boletd in place further up, IYou could have mine but I snaped it getting it out :doh:
Stick a 3" feed pipe in there mate it will get a lot more air into the box ;)

think ill do that. cheers pal.
was thinking of getting one of those forge carbon enclosed ones anyway.

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
stewbie, i had the same thing so just left the last bit in but hopefully going to get a FMIC soonish so will have a really good look when all the bumper, etc is off.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.