Standard anti-freeze

MCarda

Hello, my Leon currently has the stock G12 cooling liquid. Could someone please inform the temperature ranges of this?

My car is currently in the Czech Republic, and given that the car is originally from Spain, can the antifreeze used in the warmer climates be different? I tried calling a few Seat dealers and none of them could give me an answer as I don't think any customer in Spain or Portugal has ever needed to ask about this!

So far it has survived a cold start at -19 degrees, but we are predicted -25 for this weekend so I am a bit concerned about that cold... The car is always parked outside and no ideal possibility of a garage at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

TimSawf

Jun 26, 2011
South Manchester
It all depends on the mix of water and antifreeze. A 50/50 mix should be okay to about -35C. You should be able to buy a tester from any car spares that will give you an idea of how strong your current mix is. The difference between the different specs (G12, G40 etc) is the chemical ingrediants and some can't be mixed together. Stick with G12 and you should be okay.

MCarda

I do not know the mixture ratio. It is the standard one from the factory for the Spanish market.

Thanks for the tip on the tester!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 20, 2010
Gosport. Hampshire
I wouldn't of thought so. They SHOULD cater for the variety of destinations the cars are going. But what they should do. And what they do do are different things

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.