Standard boost PSI?

jattjoka01

Dec 13, 2008
London
I Bought my cupra literally a month ago came with a few goodies...air filter...samco hoses...re circ dv... etc ... I also had a boost pod on my pillar... i was just wondering what the standard boost PSI reading should be and if it can be increased... or decreased!! You get the drift! At the moment it reaches 7 or so PSI? One more question if i hit a remap does the PSI increase automantically?.. im a newbie wid turbos always had normal cars! :cartman::cartman::cartman::cartman:

Danny_B

Jul 24, 2007
Essex
They run around 8 psi standard iirc.

Stage 1 remap should boost upto 20psi then settle at around 15-18psi.....i think lol. Once the remap has been loaded to the car the boost has been changed. So its kind of automatic!

Have a search mate, it has been covered lots :)

jattjoka01

Dec 13, 2008
London
I dont understand the settling business why would the boost reach 20 ps with a stage one remap and then drop? sorry for the newbie questions...

Danny_B

Jul 24, 2007
Essex
It will drop as the revs get higher!

I cant explain it to well but the car wont hold the same amount of boost through the rev range.

jattjoka01

Dec 13, 2008
London
I understand dat! So guys standard boost should be reading about 8? so about 7 is normal yeah? any exact measures? out there? there must be someone! thanks danny for the help btw

loveturbopower

Jun 13, 2007
Frome, Somerset
7 PSI or 0.49 BAR is standard as far as i know, on the odd occasion booting it it will peak at 8PSI on mine, Stage one peaks at 21 PSI on some peoples, or around 18-19 more commonly, then as the revs get to just over 5k boost starts to drop abit down to around 16 PSI

Daniel21

Jun 2, 2017
Does anyone know what the standard boost psi/hg for when its ticking over cupra r bam 225 because mines about 30hg and I don't know if thats normal?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.