standard cassette player

flubba-jubba

can anyone tell me what the blue connector is for on the back of the cassette player in my ibiza??

i want to put in an old JVC cd player but there is nowhere for the blue connecor to go :confused:

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Its the cd changer cable. I have one in my 1.4 aswell. I found the other end of it (the bit that plugs into the changer) under the carpet in the boot on the drivers side. Under the bit of carpet around the wheel arch.

Sep 20, 2006
Birmingham
can anyone tell me what the blue connector is for on the back of the cassette player in my ibiza??

i want to put in an old JVC cd player but there is nowhere for the blue connecor to go :confused:

I think thats for the cd changer (optional extra).

You shouldn't need it for the JVC player to work. Should just be a straight forward, connect the 2 blocks (brown and black) to the jvc unit.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
As Krishen says just connect the blocks into the back of the unit and leave the blue plug out.

The wiring is there for the cd changer in most of the cars, just sometimes not the cd changer. As I had the cable in mine but not the changer.

flubba-jubba

cheers guys, i'll give it another try when i get home :) ........ im sick of listening to the radio and crappy old tapes, its like going back 20 years lol :D

GtiBoy

DubbedOut Owner
May 5, 2009
Botswana
www.dubbedoutclub.tk
Mines all hooked up as i didnt know what the blue clip that gose into the back of the headunit was for the last year until reading this thread lol. But it trys to read the cd then puts it bk down and trys to read a different one then puts it back down etc etc anyone know why this is?

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Mines all hooked up as i didnt know what the blue clip that gose into the back of the headunit was for the last year until reading this thread lol. But it trys to read the cd then puts it bk down and trys to read a different one then puts it back down etc etc anyone know why this is?

Means the laser on your changers packed up, CDR's usually kill em off quicker

flubba-jubba

ok, got the CD player in .... BUT it doesnt remember any of my settings....i was told to swap the red and yellow wires over but ive got a problem......there are no red and yellow wires to swap!! lol :D

all the wires have 2 colours on them, so can anyone tell me which ones i need to swap?? [B)]

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yeah on the 1 of the blocks (i dunno about ibiza's, done it on so many other cars though)
like people have said, swap the red and yellow, and your sorted (car audio places can charge £10-15, how bad is that?)