Starting trouble

Feb 5, 2020
Hi guys a newbie on here, I've been trawling the web for a few days now trying to get some info.

My seat exeo is giving me some issues starting. I dont use it to often however the other evening i went out the start the car and let it run for a while. Car wouldnt start used some jump leads and no issues started straight away {obviously the battery was low} let it run for around half an hour no issues went for a drive and came home. Noticed the radio wasnt working so after dinner went out to check the fuses sure enough there was a 20amp fuse blown. Changed it and radio still didnt work but noe the car wont start turning over but not firing! Ive also noticed at times over the last few days intermittently the remote wont open the locks. Does any of these issues ring a bell to anyone?
Thanks Dean

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
So with jump leads it always starts? If yes, first replace the battery.
Do you have an aftermarket alarming system? If yes, those tend to drain the battery more quickly the a factory fitted alarming system.
Do you have a warning light on the dashboard that it is not charging the battery?

What engine is in your Exeo?

Feb 5, 2020
Sorry its a 143 tdi im not sure of engine code atm. When i firstt tried the battery was flat so used the jump leads and started no problem. However since, the car is now just turning over and not igniting.

Feb 5, 2020
Quick update i took the pipes off the diesel filter this afternoon and im getting no fuel when the engine is turning over. Went back to the fuel lift pump and i dont seem to be getting power at it either

XPtuning

Mar 29, 2013
With a TSI engine, when opening the drivers side door, you can hear the fuel pump running. Not sure if that is same for a TDI.

Checked the fuses? Use a multimeter to measure on the pump wires if you get >12volt