steamy toledo

Cain

can anybody tell me why the toledo 1.8 20v se gets so steamy inside and all the windows get steamed up?!?! its driving me crazy. What is the best heat setting to have on to stop this.
Also recently i had my car valeted and on the electronic display for the air con the valeter has pressed to hard on the screen and some figures are distorted, similar to a caluclator when you press down to hard. is there anyway of rectifying this problem.
Thanks

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
The aircon should clear the condensation (if it's working correctly)

Try to avoid using the re-circ setting and maybe crack open one of the rear windows if it's not raining

Also check to see if the footwells are damp, cos you may have the ol' door seal leak problem - loads of topics on this if you have a search around

The aircon screens are pretty delicate, next stage will probably be some nice black blobs bleeding in from the sides :( Only remedy is to replace it really.

Don't pay anymore than about £50 from a scrappers, cos they can be got for around this if you 'shop around'

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
pollen filter cover not installed correctly? (passenger side under the scuttle panel).

Start with the cheapest to fix :)

AndyC567

Feb 28, 2006
Like mentioned earlier, if the air con is working it should clear it.

Sounds like you have a damp car though, a bit of a problem with Mk1 Leons and Mk2 Toledo's.

I would bet on the door seal's as these always cause problems and let water in.
Loads written about it on these forums, just try searching for "Leon water Leak" and you will be amazed how many owners have seen this problem.

I took their advice and sealed all mine up before they started to leak.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members