Steering Knock

Sep 4, 2019
Hi all,

Re: my Leon FR MK3 2018, when my car is parked up over night or when it’s parked up for an hour or so, when I turn the car on and turn the steering wheel left or right; it makes a quiet clunk/knock sound.

However while driving and when I do 3 point turns or while Parking, it doesn’t make the noise.

It only seems to do it when my car is parked up overnight or parked for an hour or so.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Bennlandalestig

Jul 9, 2017
Hi all,

Re: my Leon FR MK3 2018, when my car is parked up over night or when it’s parked up for an hour or so, when I drive off and turn the steering wheel left or right; it makes a quiet clunk/knock sound.

However while driving and when I do 3 point turns or while Parking, it doesn’t make the noise.

It only seems to do it when my car is parked up overnight or parked for an hour or so.

Any ideas?
hello. my 2013 Seat Leon FR 184 did the same thing and the 2015 Seat Leon Cupra I own now does the same thing.thats if its what im thinking it is anyway

Reactions: Sean FR

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Re: my Leon FR MK3 2018, when my car is parked up over night or when it’s parked up for an hour or so, when I turn the car on and turn the steering wheel left or right; it makes a quiet clunk/knock sound.

If you just drive a couple of feet without turning the wheel does it still do it?

Sep 4, 2019
I'm no mechanic and will never be but maybe it's just the brakes losening off when it's been sat overnight and you move the wheel. Only say that as I had a car that did that and it was the above.
I'm probably totally wrong so don't quote me.

Mmm interesting. Thanks for the info

Reactions: MXP2090
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.