Steering rack? What others fit?

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Yes those are correct, obviously the TT needs to be a mk1 and S3 needs to be an 8L.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The R32 rack is another option but I generally avoid anything with the R32 name attached to it as it's generally smothered in scene tax.

Reactions: verbal_kint

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Are any of these racks quicker than the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
All of the above mentioned racks are 2.5 turns lock to lock as opposed to the stock lower range racks which are 3.5 turns lock to lock.
I believe there are a few odd TT racks that fall between this but not as common and I've only had one in the past that was nearer to 3 turns lock to lock.

All bolt straight in fine as they share the same subframes.

If you choose to run a 'quick rack' without also changing the associated vehicles hubs, wishbones & ARB you'll also need to flip and change the track rod ends to the opposite sides as well.

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
All of the above mentioned racks are 2.5 turns lock to lock as opposed to the stock lower range racks which are 3.5 turns lock to lock.
I believe there are a few odd TT racks that fall between this but not as common and I've only had one in the past that was nearer to 3 turns lock to lock.

All bolt straight in fine as they share the same subframes.

If you choose to run a 'quick rack' without also changing the associated vehicles hubs, wishbones & ARB you'll also need to flip and change the track rod ends to the opposite sides as well.

Screenshotted for future reference, thanks doggy, wealth of knowledge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.