Steering wheel swap to leon fr

AndreasSweden

Jan 11, 2019
Stockholm Sweden
Hi guys!
I was unhappy with the steering wheel that my ibiza style came with(pleader at best) so I decided to try and swap it for the leon fr steering wheel and I can confirm it's a direct fit. I bought one of Ebay in real leather with fr trim and I just love it, the chunky feeling of the thicker lambo style steering wheel is miles better than the old one. A little heads up when swapping is to remove battery connection first in order not to risk airbag deployment and then pop the airbag out from behind the steering wheel using a small screwdriver. The airbag is connected with 2 electric connectors that need to be removed and then there's just the torx left. Get a steering wheel from 2016 or newer since it's real leather compared to earlier ones and if multifunction buttons does not match your old ones they can also be swapped along with airbag. Check this link for more info:
Good luck!

IL Cattivo

Apr 12, 2019
Oxford
Have to agree, the Leon FR steering wheel is probably the most comfortable I've used to date. Found that unlike many others before it, it has great grip and never slips through my hands. It looks great too with the FR logo and flat bottom.

Reactions: AndreasSweden

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
The leather (apparently) on my Xcellence is definitely not as nice as the leather on my previous Skoda Fabia, despite the Fabia being supposedly a much lower market car. The wheel on the Leon Xcellence is closer in quality and design to my old Skoda. Interestingly, the wheel on the BMW 320d my dad had a while back was pretty similar in feel to the Ibiza.