1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
My toledo, doesnt need the big intro that was here.... purchased 5th november 2008.. first post updated 26th august 2009

so first mod was a full interior, minus door cards out of a 05 leon fr... this was done on the second day of ownership

Secondly i decided to tint my rear lights, i was very impressed with the result and have always liked smoked lights

next i invested in a nice set of alloys, i wanted the RS6 reps but found them a bit to common, so opted for the MK5 r32 rims... really like the look of them but a bit of a pain keeping them clean... ones kerbed from letting me ******* mate have a spin around the block[:@]

After this i decided i would save up some cash for a month or so and try and do a bulk of mods in one go. So...

first came window tints... dark smoke on the back, 45% on the front

Then a new gear knob off an ibiza

tailored mats from SEAT

Pressed plates

Fully Debadged

Led number plate blubs

Removed Towbar

Citreon c2 stubby aerial

next lowering... when i lowered the ibiza just on springs it barely moved, but saw some on ebay last week and they were a price i couldnt turn down... so thought i would gamble and buy them but being prepared to just get coilovers. Luckly got them fully fitted this week and they have lowered it to a perfect level and the ride so far doesnt seem much different from standard, although you can tell

next i took insperation from dolby and beesly and brought some headlight covers to smoke. didnt do them quite as dark as these two have but in the day it makes a difference. also today i fitted a pair of smoked side indicators (so all my exterior lights are now smoked lol) and a set of L.E.D. front side lights

then i grabbed a bargain of a pair of a pair of LCR sideskirts complete with all fixings etc. and there abs not fibreglass

also to be delieverd this week, pipercross panel filter, 6000k HIDS, mufflerectomy exhaust, de-locking kit, boost gauge (which arrived today) fitted in a NEVPOD, cupra R red stiched handbrake and gear gaitor and finaly s3 pedals.

will be attempting to smoth my airbox tommorow using D.Ks guide and doing a four wheel laser alignment to see if the lowering has put the tracking etc out

anyway im getting a new camera tommorow so will have pics then, those of you that have seen it at the meets obviously know what it looks, not the nicest colour imho but still polishes up really nice

sorry for draging on but is good to read it back to yourself 6 months down the line.

future plans include
P-torque remap end of january/ beginning febuary,
black roof lining and parts that go with this
cupra R front bumper
teardrop mirrors
strut brace/s
wheels in black?
leather interior
private plate
Big Brake Upgrade

LOOKING BACK

HOW IT STARTED
standard.jpg

RIMS AND STANCE OF A TRACTOR
Picture003.jpg

LOWERED, WINDOW TINTS AND A GOOD CLEAN
Picture027.jpg

SKIRTS
Image259.jpg

AUGUST 2009
HPIM0261.jpg

MODS
Bbs ch wheels
Lowered 40mm
Black viynl roof
Full window tins all round
LCR front bumper
Smoooooothed rear bumper
LCR side skirts
HIDS
German pressed plates
Bonnet bra (most of the time)
Gloss black mirror covers
Colour coded side stips
Boost gauge built into vent
Skoda vrs half leather interior
Tailored mats
S3 pedals
Boxed out and carpeted boot
Tinted sunstrip
Mufflerctomy
Panel filter
Remap

CONTINUED ON LAST PAGE

cheers stefan

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Looking forward to seeing the pics bud. Dont think it was lowered last time i saw it was it?

Will look smart with the LCR bumper.

BKR

TorqueDefinesIntelligence
Jul 15, 2008
Grimsby
nice1 m8
reali impressed with the lowering looked the dogs on its arse
ill be seeing u soon anyway bud to check out the rest ov it

keep it up

all the best

Tom

T. Spark

I love what plans you have for the car boss, gunna be a real minter, glad your localish aswell so can keep a eye on how you get on over the coming months :)

I like them wheels, yummy!!

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
cheers for all the comments so far, well as promised a few pictures

Image018.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image024.jpg

Image019JPGhh.jpg

am leaving to get exhaust done at custom pipes in about half an hour, my gaitors and delock kit arrived today and nev sent us a quick message saying me air vent holder should be with me by tuesday.. so far its all good

will be seing some of you at the meet tommorow aswell

comments welcme, positive or negative

cheers

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
right well got back from custom pipes last night, the exhasut is top job was good craftsmen ship fairly cheap aswell, even though my cars a fair bit longer than the ibiza's they still only charged me £85 plus it makes a really nice noise through 2nd 3rd and 4th... will get some pics up of the tip some time today

cheers

Last edited:

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
Busy day today, first fitted my pipercross panel filter
Image008.jpg

Next my 6000k hids
Image003.jpg

Image001.jpg

then the best bit i think, my NevPod and smoked boost gauge. real thanks to nev for making this for me, the overall finish was a lot better than i expected and plus my air vent was already in a bad way

bad pics from this because i have only just finished fitting it... thanks to the guide on here also

Image002.jpg

Image000.jpg

lcr gear surround and ibiza gear knob

Image004.jpg

my mufflerectomy exhaust, got this done at custom pipes same as tom, craftsmanship was very good, sound is excellent so far no probs :D

Image026.jpg

Image006.jpg

^^^ how dirty after 2 days

Also just a quick picture to show that the rear smoked lights let plenty of light through

Image007.jpg

will get better pics up tommorow as my special expensive camera cough nokia cough, doesnt like night shots lol

cheers

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Can i have the wooooo from your exhaust please. I'll give you a tenner ;)

Did they have the 1.8t lupo in when you were at custom pipes? Was proper mental!

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
give me £20 and its yours lol, nah they dint have the lupo i dont think, they had a rover 220sdi which they had put one on and although its a rover it sounded really good

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
I dont get why yours does it so much better. Maybe something to do with exhaust shape or the turbo itself? Whats next then dude? remap?

1.9...stefan

HYBRID???
Aug 21, 2008
grimsby
yep remap all the way man, wana really try and get it done before the interforum shootout at santa pod then i will go,,,

I dont get why yours does it so much better. Maybe something to do with exhaust shape or the turbo itself?

maby its because my exhaust pipes longer due to a longer car etc.

Scoldy

toledo

nice yoke lad!! what make are your springs and how low? did you get shocks to go with them or should they be grand with out uprated shocks? your yokes really looking well i duno wether to take all the badges of my yoke might leave the seat badge on!

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
nice yoke lad!! what make are your springs and how low? did you get shocks to go with them or should they be grand with out uprated shocks? your yokes really looking well i duno wether to take all the badges of my yoke might leave the seat badge on!

And in English that would be........???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.